New Map idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Map idea

How about we all pitch in some money and have dimension studios make a good map for us ?

I was thinking of a map like the movie "Die Hard "

Re: New Map idea

0.o

Comment

Whaaaa the plaza off the first film ? Thats a map i am working on at the mo but obviously it wont be as good as a map made by pros so id still chip in plus i mean my map will take longer to make since its just me pottering around.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Magnum, thats a good idea about going to the pros. Why stop at a themed map, we could float more ideas and have an entire set of pcs_ styled maps out there. Maps layed out in a way that teamwork would be more of a must rather than a rule. Kinda like Hogans map, with multiple objectives.

-----------------------------------------
        WMDs: Iraq 0
        Albuquerque, NM 2500

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum PI View Post
          How about we all pitch in some money and have dimension studios make a good map for us ?

I was thinking of a map like the movie "Die Hard "
          Thats a good question.. now heres a good answer..

Because that map wouldnt really be "ours" It would still be Dimension's map that we bought. Just my opinnion.
          I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
          It makes small numbers formidable
          procures success to the weak
          and esteem to all.

Comment

New thought on this. I visited DS's website and the maps they had on public display werent all that great. Granted appartments is good, and cs_central looked nice. Most of their maps were mediocre at best. Appartments is the only one Ive seen of theirs that would be possible to play given the PCS standards. I dont know if the maps they make for clients are better, but I do know I was less than thrilled with their showcase. However, Im sure there are other mappers out there that offer client made maps, and I would be willing to bet that there are a few that would really grasp the Idea of TG/PCS play in a map.

Albuquerque, NM 2500

Comment

I dont know anything about these dimension cats, but theres only 2 mappers(oustide of TG) I would consider paying to make a map for me... 3DMike and NIPPER imho.
              Dizlor

Comment

I vote Nipper he has the most experience. He has been mapping since Old HL. I have yet to see a unplayable Nipper map. (hogan wishes he had nipper skillz)
                I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                It makes small numbers formidable
                procures success to the weak
                and esteem to all.

Comment

Lets get some ideas going,
                  How about Die hard ,The "nakotomi" building .
                  or Die Hard 2: The Airport

Comment

It has to have multiple objectives, but too many and it will always end in a deathmatch. Here's one idea for a Hostage rescue map. The hosties would be at the top of a building. There'd be lots of ways to the top, but only one way out, which would be an elevator(all other ways would not let hosties go, like vents, or a big drop with only ladders), but the elevator has been disabled. There'd be 3 places to fix it, one at the bottom, one at the top, and one around the middle. Ct's would "defuse" it, but slower, and likewise terrorists could de-activate it again. You'd have to use the elevator to transport the hosties, and if someone deactivates the elevator while you're in it, you'd have to wait for a teammate to reactivate it or if you are alone climb out of the elevator into the shaft and find the control panel to reactivate it. There is a few issues that would have to be worked out, but I think it's an ok idea. Also, only 2-3 floors would actually be accessable.

Comment

To add to potshot's idea, which sounds completely awsome, if we went with a map like that having the CTs start a block away would be nice so there wouldnt be such an opportunity for the rushes that have a way of making life suck.
                      Also, keeping this thread going aas an ongoing project to plan out the perfect PCS map I feel would be a good idea.

Albuquerque, NM 2500

Comment

how about the building only being accessible(playable)on the top 4 floors and the roof with a helicopter pad as the hostage rescue zone.One set of CT's spawn in the helicopter on the roof and the other half spawn on the first floor(mid floors not playable but elevator shaft will be) by an elevator which they take to the top floors. 1st floor :another Hostage rescue zone

its like playing cs_office but in a tall building.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum PI View Post
                          how about the building only being accessible(playable)on the top 4 floors and the roof with a helicopter pad as the hostage rescue zone.One set of CT's spawn in the helicopter on the roof and the other half spawn on the first floor(mid floors not playable but elevator shaft will be) by an elevator which they take to the top floors. 1st floor :another Hostage rescue zone

its like playing cs_office but in a tall building.

negociator anyone ??
                          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                            negociator anyone ??
                            I think you mean, negociator_extended :)

Albuquerque, NM 2500

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                              negociator anyone ??
                              Sure, except cs_negotiator was almost as bugged as Windows ME.
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X