3 M4/AK limit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 M4/AK limit?

Forgive me if there was a thread somewhere already about this (I searched, no dice).

Why is the M4A1 and (I assume) AK-47 restricted to 3 per team? Firstly, it should be 5 if anything but the hole idea makes no sense. Sometimes a team's plan comes across the idea that stealth is key and want to go full silenced. That would leave 4-5 people on the team with TMPs/USPs (need I explain what's wrong with that?). For the terrorist side, many times the team will decide that it needs to pick people off from defensive positions while minimizing all potential contact. The AK is clearly one of the better guns for this as it is accurate and extremely powerful, so you can line up a shot, make it, and be done in a matter of seconds.

This restriction isn't forcing people to be more creative, it's restricting our tactical plans. And forgive me if this was done by mistake/something temporary for the lockdown.

Re: 3 M4/AK limit?

As far as I know we're testing the idea on lockdown tonight. It'll more than likely be back to normal tomorrow.

Though I do agree that 3 is too restrictive. I'd like to see at least 4.
    | | |

Comment

I liked the restrictions. I think it added a lot of variety to the weapons being used.

Comment

4 would be good, but the Famas/Galil limit? That's just pointless.

Comment

For me the limit does not affect what I do. As most people know, I rarly use the AK or the M4A1. I find that I firer bullets at a high rate and they donít do what I need. My preference is the p90 and thatís restricted to 2 or 3 and thatís fine. I also like the SIG and AUG and they are restricted to 2.

Comment

I personally dont like it. I primarily use the p90 but I do like to use other weapons when i get the itch to. With it restricted you have to be quick to buy or your just SOL. ,
            I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
            It makes small numbers formidable
            procures success to the weak
            and esteem to all.

Comment

Originally posted by I.R. Hogan View Post
              I personally dont like it. I primarily use the p90 but I do like to use other weapons when i get the itch to. With it restricted you have to be quick to buy or your just SOL. ,
              Or your team can plan what your doing and know what loadouts to buy.

- -

Comment

You have to be quick to buy? What about discussing all this with your team? It adds another element of strategy (figuring out who's best with each weapon, and that sort of thing).
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Isn't PCS all about being as cunning with your plans as possible? What's with restrictions on the creativity, then? Sure, having a good plan will usually involve more depth than all the team with one weapon but then that makes the restrictions kind of a non-issue. But lets face it, rarely do we see a team give out gun assignments, but rather objectives, locations, and targets. The gun part is totally up to the player to decide given his mission/proficiency. And if all the players (or more than 3-4) want to use the AK to carry out said mission because it is deemed appropriate, then they should be free to do so.

Comment

This is just about the silliest restriction I've ever heard of. :P

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus View Post
                      Isn't PCS all about being as cunning with your plans as possible? What's with restrictions on the creativity, then? Sure, having a good plan will usually involve more depth than all the team with one weapon but then that makes the restrictions kind of a non-issue. But lets face it, rarely do we see a team give out gun assignments, but rather objectives, locations, and targets. The gun part is totally up to the player to decide given his mission/proficiency. And if all the players (or more than 3-4) want to use the AK to carry out said mission because it is deemed appropriate, then they should be free to do so.
                      Well first this was a test on the password night per PCS discussion. The limitations were because you started with max money and the point being that you were to have a role. Everyone as an AK for a role is not very tactical or strategic in nature.

- -

Comment

So...am I lead to believe it's off now and this discussion is pointless? Good. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X