The stockpiling of nades?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stockpiling of nades?

What are your guy's opinion on the use of stocking up on HE's. I discussed this earlier with Ouija and we both came to the conclusion that it should be illegal. I believe the real reason why we added the drop function for nades was to give them to teammates who couldn't afford it. I see it getting abused with nade spamming.

I talked to several people who I caught doing this and I asked them to stop with no incedents. For that I was relieved.

Opinions...thoughts:row__684:
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: The stockpiling of nades?

Possibly limit the amount of thrown HE's... flash's and smokes I see no problem with.
    ------------

------------

Comment

Yeah, there should be a limit. I think it's very useful and tactical, but it's near impossible to get through if there are 30 nades ready to be thrown. Maybe 8 on the ground max?

Comment

Less then that. 4-5 max.
        ------------

------------

Comment

This happened last night on arcticstorm. There were I think 6 CTs left and one T, who was in the back hostie room (the one with only one entrance) with a huge nade pile. He got like 4 nade kills then shot the other 2 CTs.
          Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

ok think about it this way... can you bring a bunch of nades with you in real life and put them on the side for later use? yes you can, so therefore i see no problem with it b/c it doesn't go against realism.

Comment

You could also jump and down like an idiot in real life in an attempt to avoid bullets.

I'm on the fence about this one. I've seen situations where it had it's tactical value, but more often than not I see it abused and turned into constant nade spamming.

I won't feel bad if it goes either way.
              | | |

Comment

Wow I found a desktop :) Hi from vacation land :) just finishing off some coffee before we go do some 4 wheelin. I'd rather pick up nades off of dead bodies. I mean you said its realistic but its also realistic to have more time. You got guys running back and forth from spawn to get nades constantly. And then when your in a spawn with a pile of nades at your feet, all you need is someone to scout the NME then get a nade in there to make life for other team a living hell. Lets communicate and throw more bullets instead. Or make it where we can carry 3 nades a piece, then add more time becuase you will need it to tacticaly avoid nade spam.

Thank you

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

Restricting it to X amount of grenades on the ground would be crazy hard to enforce. They can easily be overlooked, miscounted, no enforcer to count, et cetera. So on this issue, I think it's really a yes or no. I think I'm on the fence on this one, too. I came in after the mod had been implemented and saw some people (including PCSPs) doing this, so I was under the impression it was alright. Apparently it just hadn't been much discussed! ;)

Comment

I think it should be allowed. That or the limit for number of nades you can carry on your person be higher. In real life, you can have a load drop of supplies, I see this as being no different.
                    -Cody

Comment

It would be really great if you had a limit of 4 nades of any type or combination. thats it.
                      still have a drop function but you can only buy 4. so If everyone buys 4 and drops two with the hosite defense team that seems resonable. it ammounts to a good amount of nades but not an unrealistic. maybe limit 16 HE nades per team each person can not buy more then two. There are lots of combos that do not remove this tactic but control it and possibly add to gameplay.
                      "THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS"

Comment

i could restrict 8 HE's per team. Good suggestion. If someone wants to abuse this mechanic, please report them so we can deal with them properly.

- -

Comment

The main problem I see with "stockpiling" anything is the load it puts on some peoples machines including the server. All those extra entities can wreak havoc on a machine.
                          I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                          It makes small numbers formidable
                          procures success to the weak
                          and esteem to all.

Comment

Along the lines of carrying throwables, if there were a way to say have the ablilty to carry any 4 throwabels be it 4 flashes, 2flashes/2smokes, 4 nades....
                            this wouldnt put an end to nade spams, but it would deffinately be more realistic.
                            ---------

On another note, I dont know if I was, but I have the feeling I am the person who got the stockpile thing started as much as it was. Well I have to say I am sorry, never thougth it woud turn into such a cowardly tactic.(first time I did it was to ensure the CTs couldnt hold "dark room" on italy_tactik)

-----------------------------------------
                            WMDs: Iraq 0
                            Albuquerque, NM 2500
                            -----------------------------------------

Comment

The reason I feel that the stockpiling shouldnt be allowed is very simple. It becomes very annoying to play on a server where the majority of the rounds are spent waiting on the opfor to expend their nade supply. No other reason...realistically, its fine...but it effects playability of the game as a whole, and I dont care for it.
                              If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                              with any questions or concerns.
                              |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X