Fair mouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair mouse?

I found an interesting mouse made for gaming, it has a few special features. The most notable would be the three shot button, which basically shoots tree shots with one click. I might be getting it, but I was wondering, would it be fair? after all, it only gives a significant advantage with pistols, and I guess it would help bursting with an AK, but in the end it would have much effect. What do you guys think?

Re: Fair mouse?

Sounds cool

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Sounds like a lame way to work around doing something your normal fingers can do :P imho ... Believe me if I hear someone bursting around with any pistol other than a glock.. ill say something for sure.
      Dizlor

Comment

That would be equivalent to scripting, and should be treated as such.

If the timing isn't adjustable, it'd probably be of limited use. Each rifle prefers a different tap pattern to maintain accuracy.

Also, quality versus quantity is a one-sided battle in Counter Strike.

Comment

It wouldn't be for only CSS, since I'm getting a gaming PC and wireless ain't that good for it. Chances are I won't get it(it seems a bit untrustworthy) but I was just wondering how fair it was considered.

Comment

What's this mouse called?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Wireless is a scourge. CD has a point, there. No screenshot = didn't happen. You've been holding out on us by keeping this device anonymous.

Comment

I tried searching the website of the shop I found it in. Nothing. And I don't feel like going all the way there to look for the name.

Comment

Meh...

Lazy.

I found it: http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...r_gaming_mouse
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Not the same one, but close enough.

Comment

Let's look at the specs:

• 2500 DPI Gamer-Grade Laser Engine
                      Laser isn't good for low-sens players because it tends to lose track when you move it swiftly. Plus, high DPI is most important for high-sens players. They should've improved on the 518's 1600 on optical.

• On mouse 6-DPI-Shift (400-800-1200-1600-2000-2500)
                      Useless. You can easily toggle your sens with a script in CSS and many others, and you might want one altrenate speed on your mouse, but six is meaningless in-game.

• Implements Agilent 6010 Chip and high-speed 7080 FPS technology
                      Sounds good, I cannot comment from experience.

• Triple Threat Button - 1 click, 3 shots for a gaming advantage
                      Might be useful with M4, Glock (lol), and USP? That's about it; every other weapon either wants to be slowly tapped or sustained full.

• Dual laser engine for enhanced tracking on a wider range of surfaces
                      I've heard laser even works on glass; what surface could you need more lasers on? Give me an MX518 with 2000+ DPI and two cameras mounted at 45° relative angles that works on a wider range of surfaces, and I'll fork over a C-note.

• Right-handed ergonomic design
                      "A leftie!? We dun't like seein yer devil-handed kind around dese here parts. Yall betta just git anudder Razer and head on back to yer big city."

• Gold-Plated USB Connector
                      More useless baubles. Well, if you have gold-plated USB sockets then it's useful, but gold-to-scrap-metal doesn't do squat for your connection quality.

• Thin, flexible wire design feels like using a wireless mouse but without sacrificing latency
                      I'm not worried about weight, it's easy to clip your wire so it stays out of the way... but why didn't they invest three bytes and tell us the length of this wire?

• Convenient ‘back’ & ‘forward’ buttons
                      If you're selling to gamers, why advertise them as broswer functions? Just say they are assignable Mouse-4 and Mouse-5's.

• Comfortable, no-slip grip for intense gaming battles
                      After the recall, they'll include Wii-straps to prevent people from throwing their input devices across the room and smashing the fishbowl.

• Plug and Play
                      Standard.

• Included Equalware software for complete customization
                      I hope so.

• 6 Year Warranty*
                      That would be great without the asterisk.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
                        • Convenient ‘back’ & ‘forward’ buttons
                        If you're selling to gamers, why advertise them as broswer functions? Just say they are assignable Mouse-4 and Mouse-5's.
                        Most gamers know that you can map them; what isn't clear is if they will function as browser-controlling buttons by default, like all of the Logitech mice.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X