I hate Hammer Editor.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Hammer Editor.

Ok. cs_kismayo_dark is just about done. I'd compile it if Hammer wasn't being a jerk. It won't compile it into a map file for some reason, just a text file. Any clue why?

If not, can someone compile it for me?
    ------------

------------

Re: I hate Hammer Editor.

Anyone?
    ------------

------------

Comment

Will anything compile? If not, you might not have the right paths to the compile tools set up for some reason. Check your configuration.

Comment

Have you posted this issue on Here,

The VERC forums have been closed now and moved to the Source Users Forum.

I'm sure someone there will help you.

Comment

lol, personally I don't much like the VERC. Sometimes they're helpful, but for THE Hammer forum, I was disappointed.

Post the files somewhere and I'll try to compile it when I get some time.

Comment

send me the vmf and i will try to compile it. usually when its a decompiled map its due to the many errors decompiling can cause.
            I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
            It makes small numbers formidable
            procures success to the weak
            and esteem to all.

Comment

Will do Hogan, thanks.
              ------------

------------

Comment

Spec>

First, when you compile, do BSP only. Do lighting and vis_leaf one at a time after a successful compile.

In hammer that Text file that pops up at the end of a compile isn't just for show! It has all the information you need to debug.

Click on it and use Ctrl-F and look for "warning". There are a few things that could be causing you to not compile. You could have a bad brush, an object outside the map, too many lights on a single face, a leak, ect.

Anyhow, when you find the "warning" it might be clear enough to quick fix the problem. If not, copy and paste it into google, chances are someone on some forum somewhere has had the problem, and other people have already answered it.

Good luck! I hope i've helped.

-Aaron

Comment

Woah woah, I missed the part about you decompiling a map.

I'm fairly certain it is next to impossible to recompile a decompiled map. The program is good, but not perfect. I expect over 50% of the brushes are bad, and you'll have to manually go through and delete each of them, than redraw them.

Decompiling a map is best used for learning specific techniques.

-Aaron

Comment

How do you go about decompiling a map in the first place, Ive never tried but id love to be able to look at the scales of the rooms in office to find out the hight and such.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

There is a Java applet or two out there, I think VMEX is the name of one, that will reverse the compiled data. It works great on plain BSP, but has trouble with more complex forms, and completely collapses in the presence of displacement faces. You have to strip them out manually and re-create them or it will never complie again.

Comment

Hrm, ive had this problem before.

Make a test map, and see if that will compile correctly.

Check for leaks in the map, check to make sure every directory is set correctly, make sure you're using the right compiling tools (Or even replace them).

You can even go as far as to reinstall hammer.

Chewy: i was paraphrasomg
                        [19:01] Chewy: KAMER |
                        [19:01] Chewy: i love you | Drake_Anra : I only have a problem when Kamer talks... /// Chewy : That's very much a universal problem, Drake. :D

Comment

I've tried compiling another map and restarting and redownloading Hammer. No luck.

Schwa, I'll try yours later today after I get back from school. Thanks!
                          ------------

------------

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...