The Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Time

The time, when there is one person left on the opposite team, when spammed means that that one person is in fact, AFK.

Re: The Time

This is not a concrete means of communication. Try to add as many TG buddies to your Steam friends and XFire and whatnot so that you can notify them in a more conventional manner.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I thought it was nextmap? Bah, this thread got started first so I guess it's official.

Comment

I take it that contacting an admin is out?

Comment

If an administrator is present, that's always the first resort. There are rare occasions when this is not the case.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I was there during the initially conception of this "brilliant" idea.

I was one of the two surviving Terrorist protecting the Kismayo hostages against the AFK CT. I saw a ton of timestamps spammed and thought, "gee, that is weird."

After the time runs out everyone was like "d00d didn't you rlize he wuz AFK?!!1//"

Fast forward to a few rounds later, two CTs are left. Timestamps start flooding. Remaining CT: "Uh, I'm still alive..."

So, in a matter of ten minutes this was abused by the very same people who conceived it.

Sorry, but I simply cannot get behind this.

-Aaron

Comment

to communicate with an admin in game

teamsay:# <msg>

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by What Is Schwa? View Post
                I was there during the initially conception of this "brilliant" idea.

I was one of the two surviving Terrorist protecting the Kismayo hostages against the AFK CT. I saw a ton of timestamps spammed and thought, "gee, that is weird."

After the time runs out everyone was like "d00d didn't you rlize he wuz AFK?!!1//"

Fast forward to a few rounds later, two CTs are left. Timestamps start flooding. Remaining CT: "Uh, I'm still alive..."

So, in a matter of ten minutes this was abused by the very same people who conceived it.

Sorry, but I simply cannot get behind this.

-Aaron

I agree. Too much room for abuse.
                If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                with any questions or concerns.
                |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

It should not be impossible to modify a tiny vote script that instead of initiating a map change pops up a similar upper left corner box in red letters which says "the opposing team's remaining player(s) are AFK, please neutralize them or achieve the remaining objective(s) with expedience."

At least...it SHOULD not be impossible, I have absolutely NO idea how to script. >.>

-Zephyr
                  You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                  We are not a single game.
                  We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                  We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Good idea. We would have to put strict rules on it to prevent abuse of it.
                    Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
                      I take it that contacting an admin is out?
                      Why is that important?

;)

()

Comment

Honestly, since the assaulting team is entitled to use the entire allotted time, I think the defending team is obliged to wait them out. Have a little patience; if you can't sit in one spot for five minutes, find yourself a copy of Quake 4. If it turns out the remaining enemy was AFK, well, you won anyways.
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

It's not an issue of the surviving defenders being impatient, but a matter of the twelve dead guys who are waiting for the next round. If the last man is AFK, tactical gameplay has no more impact on the game's outcome, so why not call it and let the players enjoy playing, rather than spending four minutes of their life chatting about how the defenders aren't noticing the thetime spam.

Comment

Again, impatience. Anyways, "thetime" is not a viable method of notification. Try to add as many TG friends to your various buddy lists so you can notify them if there is no administrator present.
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yeah, I was one of the CTs alive on kismayo when people started spamming, I was moving around and definately not afk. Luckily the remaining T's asked in chat if the remaining CTs were afk. I think the best thing to do is just wait it out or yes, become friends with all TG people and message them about afk if it happens. Or page and admin about getting the afk kicked or changed to spectator.

There would never be a problem if when you go afk change to spectator team first.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X