This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules

Im not one to be talking i admit i break a rule every now and then but somthing has to be done about "going to far out" on a map. Anything that can be done even somone modifing the radars at the maps putting a green line depict how far "to far" is. Im not angry i just think there is no way of really telling how far to far is.
    -SiftHEads
    [S]ift

Let Your Reactions Do It For You. It's Sorta Like The Force.

Re: Rules

Sift, you posted in the wrong forums. I'm sure this is intended to be in the Counter-Strike forum.

Could an admin be so kind as to move it?
    | | |

Comment

Boundaries, as you will read in many, many other posts you can easily search for in the Counter-Strike forum, do not exist. You are tasked with your objective, and that's the bottom line.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

You're going out too far if you are making yourself less useful in defending the objective, weaking your team's defensive stance (including your own), with the only gain being the fact you are closer to the opposition and thus able to shoot them more closely.

For example, T's don't go into market in Italy. You open up a free pathway for a CT to go from mid to long stairs behind your back, you're in the open, and the only thing being there does is let you engage CTs.

It's not a boundry, but unless all the CTs were holed up next to the wood pile and the T's chose to advance on the short stair side, apartments, and market to surround them, there's no reason to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
          You're going out too far if you are making yourself less useful in defending the objective, weaking your team's defensive stance (including your own), with the only gain being the fact you are closer to the opposition and thus able to shoot them more closely.

That pretty much nailed it.
          If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
          with any questions or concerns.
          |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

You'r alowed to go as far out as you want, as long as you can fall back to defend the hosties/bomb site if need be. It depends on the map and ammount of players, for example, if you have only 2 men per team, you shouldn't venture too far, but with an 8 man team you can go pretty far providing the objective is covered by enough people.

Comment

Originally posted by Potshot View Post
              You'r alowed to go as far out as you want, as long as you can fall back to defend the hosties/bomb site if need be.
              Within reason. Remember to use your best judgement when thinking "Is where I am tactically sensible?"

Comment

normally people are quick to remind you as well. almost to quick. Once youve played a few rounds and hung around some vets you will find things out.
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...