Look at my ping!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at my ping!

For those of that don't know, I am in Korea and average about 185 for my ping. But check this out.

"Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Look at my ping!

Ratejacker! You configured your cl_cmd and cl_update rates to sieze a questionably-unfair advantage through packet rate imbalance. B&

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
      Ratejacker! You configured your cl_cmd and cl_update rates to sieze a questionably-unfair advantage through packet rate imbalance. B&
      I havent got the slightest clue what you just said:row__684:

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
        *Head Explodes*

Whazawhat?

-Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
        We are not a single game.
        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Never played Counterstrike Source before? No problem, here's the poop.

cl_updaterate tells the server how frequently to send packets.
          cl_cmdrate tells the game how often it sends your data to the server. (limited by FPS)

Ratejacking is setting highly imbalanced rates to gain an advantage. For example, set command to 5 and update to 100, and while your gameplay is close to normal, the rest of the server sees you skipping around and your hitboxes and ragdoll aren't synced up. It's the sort of problem that people atribute to dialup players, despite the fact that dialup players aren't that bad.

A side effect of ratejacking or otherwise imbalanced rates is it can cause the scoreboard ping calculation to report 5.

So, either you jacked your rates, intentionally or not, or your line's in and out rates happen to be at values that trigger the scoreboard ping bug.

Comment

yeah, it was just a fluke(im almost possitive), and as a witness, all of the visuals were coming through fine(no warping or anything). But it was quite a moment when i tabbed out ans saw that.

-----------------------------------------
            WMDs: Iraq 0
            Albuquerque, NM 2500

Comment

You'll only see warping in extreme (deliberate) cases. The game will interpolate the doll and take the edge off if it's just a bad ratio or line conditions.

I suggest OP sets the cl_cmdrate to 100 and cl_updaterate to at least 35. It's not really possible to set cl_cmdrate too high (100 is the limit) and update rate should be as high as you can go without choke.

Comment

It was only for one map and it changed back to normal when the map switched.

Comment

That is bizzare. Did you define your rates or have they been left to the winds? If you played on other, inferior servers, they might have mucked with your numbers.

Comment

Even after MagnaCentipede explained that, I still have no clue what he said:row__632:.
                    Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Originally posted by Magna
                      Never played Counterstrike Source before?... So, either you jacked your rates, intentionally or not, or your line's in and out rates happen to be at values that trigger the scoreboard ping bug.
                      Yikes.

It is one thing to explain a concept to someone...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain the TG CS:S server has locked the player rates. It syncs them up every time a player joins.

I would attribute this to the internet gods shining favorably on Dirt for a moment. Obviously he didn't give the proper sacrifice in return, and his ping returned to normal.

-Aaron

Comment

I tested it out. The server rate ranges are:
                        Command: 80 to 100 (Setting, though effective is limited by FPS)
                        Update: 40 to 100

My normal rates, 100/100 showed normal scoreboard ping.
                        Command 100 Update 40 showed normal scoreboard ping.
                        Command 80 Update 100 showed invalid scoreboard ping, quickly dropping below 10. (It's a long-period average so it slowly approaches 5 from a higher value)

So that's why you showed 5 ping... high in low out triggered/triggers the scoreboard calculation bug. Which is usually what ratejackers deliberately set up.

Comment

This is funny magna, you seem to be the only one who knows what you are talking about. Its like your having a conversation with yourself. :)

WMDs: Iraq 0
                          Albuquerque, NM 2500

Comment

Via the intellectual equivalent of a contact high, I'm causing you-my-audience to become wiser. Not that I don't have conversations with myself. I've discovered that because I'm so awesome, nearly any problem can be solved or any argument won if three of me attack it simultaneously.

Comment

I know what he's talking about, but he's just missing the obvious: Dirtboy is a h4xx0r n00b.
                              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X