Bomb Dropping.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Dropping.

Alright I want to just shoot a question since there is no rule about this. Is the bomb carrier allowed to drop the bomb and poke his/her head out to avoid having the bomb being detected?

This happened on strata on the catwalk, some terrorist did this 2 times on the map that I saw. After he killed me, I saw he dropped the bomb in a corner so he could avoid having the bomb being seen(he had no backup either) and I guess to shoot some people. As I said, is this allowed?

Re: Bomb Dropping.

That shouldn't be a necessary behavior under most circumstances. If you have the C4 and want to drop it to peek out, then either someone else is there to take it if you die, which means he could do the peeking, or there isn't anyone which means you jeopardise the team if you die, and you should've been with your buddies anyway. If you're the last man standing or are alone with one guy off across the map, then you may as well carry the football unless you're specifically trying to make it look like the other guy (off creating a distraction) has the C4. At that point, dropping the bomb before exposing positions forces the CTs to defend both paths rather than seeing one with the C4, and having all but one converge on the carrier's position.

It is a symptom of poor team organisation, but I feel it doesn't need to be outlawed since it is tactically sound to protect the information of where the C4 is at from the CTs, and can be an effective strategy in some cases, e.g. above.

Comment

It might be a good idea if the bomber is the last one left.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

The objective is to plant the bomb not drop it, is it?

FUN FUN

Comment

Explain how, please. The only feint that could provide is to make CT think the bomb is on the field, in which case they're going to either hang tight on the sites, or they're going to secure your butt by surrounding you. Either way, the last T is useless beyond deathmatching without the C4 and leaving it behind only risks a turnover. Which would you prefer? Fight about half the CT forces on one site, or fight them all when they cover the C4 you left on catwalk and forgot about when you fled from a suprise nadestorm.

Comment

Ah, I forgot that you can check how many people are left. That sort of makes a lot of fun strategies ineffective. Well, it might be useful if there are two people left in different spots. I'm thinking something like de_penstock, if the bomber were to show his face on the catwalks while his teammate appeared in the blue room.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yeah, the two-man approach I mentioned before. That's about the only way to pull it off. If you have three, you're probably better off regrouping and trying to flash-and-rush or fake a site to tease a rotate, pick a few if you can, and plant wherever looks weak.

Besides, with three men, I'd be more concerned with setting up the proper loadouts -- selecting someone with highest health and has armor to plant, having him surrender the equipment he doesn't need (grenades, power rifles) to the other players, so they can penetrate and cover the planter while he works. I hate seeing silly things like a B-site DE/MP5 rush where the C4 has an AK that should be covering the planter while he plants. It's just begging for an avoidable disaster.

Comment

There are no rules against it. And having thought about it...it's quite clever.
                | | |

Comment

Truely i used thisd once as the bomber/distractor. i dropped bomb round cornor then flashed and smoked and shot random bullets, they they relised i didnt have bomb and was just a distraction once my team mates were rushing other side of map then i picked up bomb and enter a defenceless bomb site.

I dont see this as unexceptible as long as you intend to pick the bomb back up afterwards,if your dropping it to then clear a room and come back for it later then this is ridiculous but if its just to serve the perpose of hiding it from unwanted attention then theres no harm done to your team or your objective.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

if I am across the map...and I see my buddy see the LAST TERRORIST without the bomb...I'll be up behind him faster than he can say 'lamb's tail' searching for that bomb. I will probably be in a place he wont be expecting, too.

Comment

Originally posted by section-8 View Post
                      if I am across the map...and I see my buddy see the LAST TERRORIST without the bomb...
                      Don't forget that just because you spotted the bomber does not necessarily mean the correct symbol shows up on your radar: sometimes your player doesn't actually see the bomb, and only the normal red dot shows up. This confused me for a good first month of CS:S playing.
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X