This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source of lag

I've heard rumors through the virtual grapevine that the server's recent significant slowdown has to do with the physical machine's addition of a Battlefield 2 server. Is this the case? If yes, is there a means of correcting the problems? If no, does anyone know what is causing them, and do these people with this knowledge also possess knowledge of one or more solutions?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Re: Source of lag

This is being discussed. For now, we're going to try and figure out if that is indeed the cause of the lag, or if there's a problem elsewhere.

Comment

Cool. Personally, I don't really mind the lag; it brings the really good players down to my level.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

The second server could certainly cause a problem; we need a CPU and bandwidth monitor to know, as well as feedback from the other server, since they should be having problems, too.

However, I've noticed that simply resetting CSS servers whenever they start to behave badly fixes many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
          However, I've noticed that simply resetting CSS servers whenever they start to behave badly fixes many problems.
          Ah yes, the Microsoft solution to any problems.
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Oh yea, the lag is making me on par with the likes of Whistler....yikes!! Fix it!!

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X