I'm creating a map.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm creating a map.

Hence, I need a few people to take a look at it. Post if you are a mapper, a CSS player, and are interested in providing feedback.

Basically, it's a small industrial-basement sorta thing. Very simple, but it may be fun. Or it may be lame. The determination of which is my goal.

Note: I'm probably going to trash what I have and begin again. It's pretty cramped at 5v5, so I'll probably have something test-worthy during the next week.
    Last edited by MagnaCentipede; 06-01-2007, 02:01 PM.

Re: I'm creating a map.

Sure I'll take a look at if if you want. CSS player and eventual mapper once my other mapping chores are done :)

Comment

Me im a mapper and still trying to fimd things out about mapping but if want ill take a look.

Comment

I'm not sure if the cramped-ness is universal, or just because of the middle area you tacked in as an afterthought. Looking forward to your revision, though.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it's universal. It's cramped in my opinion, too. :D What I'll do is kopipe a few rooms like B and T and the more ornate stuff like the flooring, and rebuild the mid area and re-do the hallways and pathing somewhat.

For the audience: ViaS is privy to all my hobbies, hence the already-having-an-opinion-ness.

Comment

ok where do i see this map??
            I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
            It makes small numbers formidable
            procures success to the weak
            and esteem to all.

Comment

Me please. I love beta testing!
              ------------

------------

Comment

Tester at your service.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

A quick peek at T spawn from last night's hour of fiddling before bed. I'm trying to escape the standard grey concrete industrial basement look, but without making a slew of custom textures, HL2 world is still HL2 world, so I'm trying to see if I can get green to work as an accent colour, instead of blue, which HL2 world is lousy with. I'm also making it practice to detail as I proceed rather than lay out the rooms then detail them, because I seem to do a poor job of detailing once the room is formed. Since I've already made the map once and it seems to just needs expansion and more tactical engagment points, I'm not worried about making a lot of geometry and then needing to toss it.

Comment

After running around on the partially built current layout last night, I can say that so far it's looking very nice. I'm wondering if you'll manage any impressive lighting with the structure...
                    sigpic

Comment

Probably not when you're telling me I have too many lights already. :D

And I still haven't decided on mid. I may give up and just make a mess and see if it works and if it doesn't, select a large region, hit delete, and try something else.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X