No Death Notices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Death Notices

Played the lockdown tonight and I have got to say the no deathnotice was great. I feel that without the death notices it forced even more communication. Further more I noticed players were using even more caution in their tacticts. Great game play guys .. I vote for permanent no death notices..
    I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
    It makes small numbers formidable
    procures success to the weak
    and esteem to all.

Re: No Death Notices

Problem gone. Just needed a map change.

Comment

It messed me up cuz I'm used to knowing what gun kills who. And knowing where they are. But I still like it. I'm just asking but Is there technology that will tell another solider at least whos heart has stoped beating in a fire fight, or is that future weapons? :) Knowing whos down instantly instead of tab would be nice. Or is the next step not having tab until dead? Talk about scare people :) I think its scary not knowing, much more realistic :) I would trade off tab just to see who died on my team tho. Great games all. Was you scared? :)

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Kudos to the designer. Now we just need to work out the "it doesn't work for me!" bug.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I choose to disagree. I don't like it for at least five good reasons. But I've already been warned on disagreeing with administration on the forums so ye can figure them out yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
            I choose to disagree. I don't like it for at least five good reasons. But I've already been warned on disagreeing with administration on the forums so ye can figure them out yourselves.
            Its true. I've heard they have special camps for 'disagree-ers'. Be careful.

I was never here.

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
              It messed me up cuz I'm used to knowing what gun kills who. And knowing where they are. But I still like it. I'm just asking but Is there technology that will tell another solider at least whos heart has stoped beating in a fire fight, or is that future weapons? :) Knowing whos down instantly instead of tab would be nice. Or is the next step not having tab until dead? Talk about scare people :) I think its scary not knowing, much more realistic :) I would trade off tab just to see who died on my team tho. Great games all. Was you scared? :)

FUN FUN
              Awhile back I remember reading something on a project between the government and Novalogic to produce a Friend or Foe system for the military. But last I heard the device was the size of a full military backpack and there were speculation that it wouldn’t get any smaller with the chip sets we had at the time. I haven’t checked on it recently though.

Comment

There are still some bugs to work out but for a couple reasons this won't be a permanent change. One of those is that new players who have never played on our server will have serious shelter shock with everything loaded. This is something i'd love to have on an every day basis though, providing we had the players to support it.

- -

Comment

If it can be enabled by an administrator when the general populace wants it and disabled when the administrator leaves, we could have it during normal games. I might just tell everyone to set it themselves... we'll see how that works out.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Magna, feel free to list your grievances here. I'm interested to hear a reaction from the community, as it was a major change the server underwent.

Comment

This is the most horrible thing that can be thought of.

Comment

Hmmm....It seems to me that it is clear we need another server since we are quite often full. Do we wait until it is full of only supporters also?
                        The additional server would be a supporter only server. It could have the full benefit of realism mod as to not having to worry about new non-TG players coming in and "freakin out".
                        I think if you want to play realism it should be comm only. No minimap. No TAB. No death notice.
                        I think we then would need a new "technique" to use comms so as not to have everyone talk at once or when a question is asked that only one answers not ten. A pecking order somehow. We lose so much listening for enemy time in game I notice.
                        We would really have to know the maps to be very effective. So that would require supporter vote for which maps on supporter server.
                        Just thinking out loud.

Comment

I loved it.
                          | | |

Comment

good times.

You can still see friendlies go down by their X on the map.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
                            "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
                            - Wulfyn

Comment

Yeah, I loved this mod. It's something that even Root had looked into a couple years ago, but at that time it just didn't work out. Most of us wanted it, and now we have it. There is always going to be a few nay-sayers but I'd suggest giving it a chance.

We try to strive for realism here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X