CSS Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS Problem

Is it a bug when I play on some maps (especially on de_ignorance as a CT covering sewers exit at site B) when anyone who's around certain areas becomes invisible (meaning I don't see the player model) except for the weapon (both T's and CT's)? Or is just my computer?
    The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
    ----
    Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Re: CSS Problem

I know that will happen if you drown from lagging -- when your connection breaks for about fifteen seconds, then when the connection re-establishes, your position shifts and you hear the HL2 drowning sound effect -- after which the models will be mostly un-rendered or mis-positioned.

If it's happening spontaneously without any lagging situation, it might be a drivers or memory issue. Are you overclocked?

Comment

Yeah, this happens to me under the conditions that Magna described. Never had it happen for any other reason.
      | | |

Comment

I used to catch it a lot because when I was on an internal dialup modem, it loved to renegotiate downward the connection speed. When it would do that, I'd lose sync with the server and often it would result in a glorious *twitch twitch glub reload-css*

Are you on wireless routing (wires for the win) or have a shared connection with someone who participates in illegal filesharing? (criminals for the lose) That might cause connection breaks.

The big tell-tale sign is the red Connection Failure flag will appear in the top-right of the screen when you're heading toward drowining-in-lag territory.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
          If it's happening spontaneously without any lagging situation, it might be a drivers or memory issue. Are you overclocked?

My video card isn't oveclocked and it happens without any lag whatsoever.
          The reason I call myself "the village idiot"? Name a teamate I haven't accidently shot yet.
          ----
          Playing as "Nikon", "the_village_idiot", or "villge_idiot"

Comment

Even with legal filesharing, lots of activity on the connection will kill its quality.

This sort of thing happens to me all the time on the DSL connection at home because Verizon tries to support six thousand people on a system meant for one thousand, and when too many people try to check the weather at once, I get disconnected and reconnected quickly, several times, which apparently CS:S loves to have fun with.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X