This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server's down

Does anyone know when it will be back up?

Re: Server's down

Not sure... but there is a server fault log stickied for your/our convenience
    Dizlor

Comment

I see Mustang on it currently.

Since this thread may be obsolete, I'll hijack it a bit. Does anyone know what the server's fps setting is at? I noticed it seemed to be performing really poorly recently. Not only does it grow laggy over time, but it was suffering massive losses of packet output. I was seeing it drop from 66 to 40 or lower. That means either it's suffocating of bandwidth or processor power.

...which hints they may still have more than CSS running on that box. _

Comment

If by "fps setting" you mean "tic rate", it appears to be 66.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I know the tick is 66-, fps_max also affects server performance because while the tickrate determines the accuracy of the players' view of the world, the fps_max rate (clamped to binary values) determines the granularity of time inside the game world. Hence, higher FPS chews a lot of power, but gameplay improves.

My crew recently rented a better server...suddenly I can hit successively with USP. That didn't happen on the old server or any pub in recent memory.

I've heard that low-tick low-fps servers tend to exhibit problems with lag, twitching models, &c after they run for a while. My clan's old server did that, and TG does too, though to a lesser extent.

Comment

I don't understand what is taking so long to get a server with only CSS on it and 100 tick. A server runs $2 a slot per month and supporters are at 8.95. Seems the funds should be there.It's disappointing and driving players away. It isn't complaining that I used a full clip at point blank w/o a hit , but rather the fact the enemy asks why I didn't hit them. I hope change is soon.

Maybe a post to see how many supporters are up for a supporter only server with a mod that isn't different everytime you get on.

In game chat it seems everyone has an idea for TG direction. I think it's good that members are concerned as a whole about TG rather than moving on. How long that will last, I bet isn't long.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodrain View Post
              I don't understand what is taking so long to get a server with only CSS on it and 100 tick. A server runs $2 a slot per month and supporters are at 8.95. Seems the funds should be there.It's disappointing and driving players away. It isn't complaining that I used a full clip at point blank w/o a hit , but rather the fact the enemy asks why I didn't hit them. I hope change is soon.

Maybe a post to see how many supporters are up for a supporter only server with a mod that isn't different everytime you get on.

In game chat it seems everyone has an idea for TG direction. I think it's good that members are concerned as a whole about TG rather than moving on. How long that will last, I bet isn't long.
              Root, at one time changed the CS server over to 100 tic rate, and NO ONE noticed any changes...ran it that way for some time...changed it back to 66...and still no one noticed.

Check your choke rates if you are having problems hitting, Id be willing to say some adjustments may be needed on your client. (Of course, Im running stock rates, cause I figure I cant hit anything anyway...)
              If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
              with any questions or concerns.
              |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

If the server is underpowered, over-taxed, or unusually low fps for some reason, then small changes like the tick rate isn't going to make much of an impact. But if you play a number of different servers and your rates and FPS are right, you'll notice the difference in what works on which servers.

But I do agree, many people don't know how to select rates. Anyone with a 101 rate should be F10'd immediately. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X