Need help with broken down mouse!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with broken down mouse!

Ok i have a microsoft habu mouse and it has been working fine and everything, however recently it has been messing up. Problem is it keeps thinking the mouse is unpluged and so will stop working for a few seconds before it reconects. Ive only noticed this while playing CSS which is very odd however it will do this at least once every two miniutes which you can imagine is darn inoying.

After this started i thought updating the software and firmware might help but still same problem. I have tryied using the mouse in various usb ports but with no joy.

Any assistance would be much apprieated.

Thank you.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Re: Need help with broken down mouse!

Open up a lemonade stand, take the money and buy a new mouse... thats what Id do :P

Seriously though, you already took my suggestion ( trying other ports )
    Dizlor

Comment

sounds like it's going, the only thing you can do is test another mouse. Hopefully your USB ports aren't dying.

- -

Comment

Sorry Disciple about your mouse and all. :( But since you opened this thread maybe someone knows whats rong with my G5 Logitech? Everytime I get into CSS, The keys off of my Keyboard that I programed into mouse buttons stops working. I have to window out of game open my mouse properties and just hit apply and its fixed till next time I boot up. Any fix ya'll know of? Sorry Disciple. :)

Thank You

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

Likely the game is intercepting the mouse button codes before the drivers are. Wild guess: do you have Direct Input selected for mouse input? Also, in the key config, see if binding a side button through the menu page reports as the mapped key or as MOUSE4/5.

Comment

In advanced game settings it is using opengl and directinput. well at the binds the keys that i already assigned if i click the mouse it will put what i assigned, so that would be right.

FUN FUN

Comment

Last I heard Counterstrike Source didn't support OpenGL. That aside, I suggest disabling Direct Inpunt, unless you've already tried it and met with no success.

Comment

On an update i have just found that its been happening when not in CSS aswell, how unfortunate, so am now testing another mouse and we will see.

Also if it is my usb ports dying is there any way to check that.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                Winston Churchill

Comment

Yeah, try other USB equipment. I doubt you're having trouble with those, though.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Ok now after testing my other mouse ive come to the conclusion that it isnt the usb ports and must be the Habu mouse theres no problem with the mouse im using to test with. Shame that it isnt long anough to reach my desk and sucks for gaming with its meager two buttons!

Due think the problem described in my original post could be down to some lose wireing in the Habu ? thats all i can think of, a real shame i have only had it like 3 months.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Ok after more tests i have located the incident when the freezes occur and it is when i reach with my mouse, so when i pull it away and this extends the cord, so i firgure it must be the cord and some shoddy wireing.

Looks like some more bean counting is in order.

Winston Churchill

Comment

It wont let me remove Direct input :/

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse