X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up

*I dont name admins out of respect*

The reason i posted my post is because admins rush on defense. This has happened to me multiple times. I have been kicked for the same action by another admin.(obv by a diff admin. One kicks, the other preforms the same action.). I cannot use the channels per the SOP to take it up with an admin because the admin simply tells anyone to read the SOP. When they say this, they are using their interpretation of the SOP. This is what i want to stop.

I cannot stand playing here, being the SM that i am, and having an admin kick me for something that another has done(admin or player). This is not a rant. I would like anyone that kicks people to do it for the same reason. Simply telling me or anyone to read the SOP is not an answer. Anyone that reads it should notice that it is not clear.

For example:
    If i am a T on cs_backalley_source, and i rush to the alley(side w/o the ladder) and push out... what would you call that? Ive been kicked for this. But i was killed along with half of my team by an admin for doing the same thing... How is this clear?

I am not trying to be a jerk here. I want to be able to play knowing that i am not going to be kicked for something someone higher-up has done.

Another example:

The map is bhd_convoy. I was low health and near the red building. I was shot from the rear hostie location and bandaged and ran away. I ran towards the CTs spawn to go around the back area to not be seen by the approching CT. There was only one CT left. I was moving towards the hosties when i was kicked for not guarding the hosties and being off objective. This was not cool. We lost the round because an admin felt i was "off objective." I was going to the hosties, i didnt leave the hosties, i was not with them at the time. I wanted to go sit with them but without the last CT seeing me walk accross the open area from the rear hosties. (I was red for health)

I love this community and its people. What i do not like is one admin kicking me for something another admin says you can do. This simply must stop.
    There is no reason one admin should see differently from another. They should all agree and understand the rules(SOP) together.

Atomic:
    I know for a fact that you see the rules differently than another admin. That means that every admin does not read/or is on the same page, as you had stated in my previous post.

Please understand my view on this and take a gander at it with me.

With respect and love,

Kyle.

Re: Follow up

Kyle,

I respect you for making this post and IMO I think that it is a legitimate one. I realize that some admins have different views on what they consider "abandoning objectives", and we are in the process of ALL admins getting on the same page. Each situation is a different one that is difficult to judge.

I myself have always want communication amongst the team, and we (admins) look for that. That is why we always try to have at least one admin on opposing sides to govern what is being done. But if there is only one admin in the server it is hard to judge the difference between killhunting and a legitimate movement.

You have to also realize that we a starting to see an influx of new players that dont bother reading the MOTD, and it gets frustrating at times to govern the server. Please be patient with this. And when we see someone we consider a Regular(like yourself) break a rule(OR NOT), we have to take the following measures. This coming summer is going to be a madhouse, with all the little kiddies coming out school and disrupting things. BUT, there are few who WILL become members of TG(supporting or not), and eventually become an important piece to our community. Always remember this, kicks is more a "slap on the hand" if anything. It is there just to keep people in line.

I really appreciate you making this thread and I hope that it wont get closed.
    I hope that this helps some and let me know if you have anymore questions...

Dennis
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

But as it goes, an admin may not be on your team to hear the communication part of it.
      ------------

------------

Comment

Originally posted by bzerox View Post
        Atomic:
        I know for a fact that you see the rules differently than another admin. That means that every admin does not read/or is on the same page, as you had stated in my previous post.
        Just so you know, I am not an admin, but I do understand the decision making process that goes behind the admin decisions to kick or ban a player.
        | | |

Comment

why couldn't you just bundle this in a pm, which you haven't done? yes it's going to be locked because we don't discuss these issues in a public format. Understand?

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X