This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server still messed up? TIC ?

quick question on when will the server be back up (not changing maps after one round of play?)

i seen your thread where people didnt notice the effect of going from 66 tic to 100 tic, and for me i disagree that you cant see a difference. now i also see that you are running quite a large "addon" with the realism mod but you most definitely will notice the difference with the hit boxes as well. i only say this because i read in a post where someone put that if one is running 101 rates they should be F10'd. my question would be why? IMHO alot goes into how well CSS will actual play for you based on "SERVER TYPE" your "PC", "INTERNET CONNECTION TYPE" all this plays a large part in how well the game of CSS will run for you. i only say this because i stumbled upon your server and it seems different and interesting to me. i have had my own servers and clan as well and got out of it about 6 months ago due to CSS just wasnt holding my interest like it used to, so your CSS way of play has resparked an interest. and am curious of what type of server you are running on?

any who...for those interested in actual TIC RATE visit: ???.serverwiki.org/index.php/Advanced_Tickrate

Re: Server still messed up? TIC ?

if you type "net_graph 3" in your console and then look at the numbers farthest to the right in the 2nd row, that is the current tickrate that the server is running at. Currently, I've noticed that the TG Server is running at a ticrate of 66. This isn't bad, however, with certain maps and a large number of people playing on the server, the tickrate can fluxuate quite often. I've noticed sometimes the tickrate will jump as low as 22 for a short period of time.

The lower the tickrate, the worse the registration is on the server. I'm sure some of you have noticed shooting someone point-blank in the head and nothing will happen. This has to do with the tickrate and other personal netcode settings (cl_cmdrate, cl_updaterate, and rate). For optimal performance on any server, each client should enter the following commands into their console:

cl_cmdrate 101
    cl_updaterate 101
    rate 25000

If the server were to upgrade to 100tickrate, a lot of the problems that people are complaining about will be alleviated.

Comment

Hahaha, I love this myth about the 101 rate.

And no, 100-tick would be even worse, given the current situation. The poor server box wouldn't be able to handle a Battlefield server, Counter-Strike Source server on 100-tick, and still give any semblance of hitregistration.
      sigpic

Comment

huh....myth? all i was trying to get to is that with the "proper" server setup 100 tic is overall IMHO a better gaming experience. I am curious as to who the server provider is and who is responsible for choosing that is all. given if i were to donate towards the cost of the server is it possible to get a "better" provider that is all.

Comment

actually your cmdrate and your updaterate should be set to be at the tickrate of the server. Therefore, if you are playing on a 66tic server, your cmdrate and updaterate should probably be at 66, however putting it at 101 doesn't make a difference - you will still be using the full 66tickrate of the server. 101 is used for 100tickrate servers to extract the full capability of the client rates. This is not a myth - it is a fact. 100tickrate servers are overall better than servers with lower tickrates. If for some reason you think this is a myth then I suggest doing some research on tickrates and client rates and other netcode settings for CS:S.

Also, even though I am not a paying contributor to the TG community, I would agree with meaN1. I've heard others talk about this as well. With all the money being received from people donating to the TG community you would think that the money could be used towards setting up a CS:S server on a separate box and making it 100tick. Just a suggestion.

Comment

cl_cmdrate 101 is perfectly useless unless you have a <100Hz monitor refresh and you maintain 101fps normally. If for some reason you think cl_cmdrate 101 helps in the slightest when you do not use a 100Hz+ video setting and have a solid processor, I suggest doing some research on tickrates and client rates and other netcode settings for CS:S.

cl_updaterate 101 is superfluous. Servers will clamp it to 100 by rule first of all, so that +1 every nublet is copy-pasting is like a roadie trying to turn it to 11.

cl_cmdrate should be monitor refresh.
            cl_updaterate should be 100 if your line can handle it. (Dialup and some DSL must bring it down)

That being said, CSS needs a high-horsepower, 100 tick, fps_max 600 server with a 1Mbit-up line. And Hogan and I's maps. I should work on mine today instead of web-arguing with silly doods.

Comment

Originally posted by ViaS View Post
              Hahaha, I love this myth about the 101 rate.

And no, 100-tick would be even worse, given the current situation. The poor server box wouldn't be able to handle a Battlefield server, Counter-Strike Source server on 100-tick, and still give any semblance of hit registration.
              Our servers are quite strong enough to handle that and more.. the server ticrate is 100.. not 66. From looking at these posts it makes me wonder if you people know what the ticrate actually does.. Basicly..It improves the FPS accuracy in game at the cost of CPU. In fact some European servers are running at a sys_ticrate of over 1000. Some server providers are now offering 200 in the US but nothing higher that I have found.

100 ticrate Settings and other info
              I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
              It makes small numbers formidable
              procures success to the weak
              and esteem to all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement