No announcement yet.

new maps that might be good dicussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new maps that might be good dicussion.

Great find on de_Alps. I wish I could map like that. Certainly worth a try... although, I forsee it being difficult to figure out proper defense that doesn't wander too far, and the path for defense between A and B is limited (i think)

-Aaron

Re: New Map Suggestions

Yeah i spoke with Vulcan about it but he said it poses a problem to get from b to a if bomb is planted or visa versa (i would still like to see it tryed because i feel there should be challenges), besides ive seen bots acomplish defusing from one site to the other.

But there is a reason im not game officer lol.

Ive been trying to find a email for the author to see if he is planning a hostage version, i belive that has alot of potential. So far i can only find a forum with the makers so i may sign up to post my ideas.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Er uh... when a map looks that good, don't assume there is one author.

If you have balls you could ask them to remake the map. You'll be a bigger man than I.

-Aaron

Comment

Might want to start up a thread in the discussion forum for alps... as this is for suggestions w/ links only.
        Dizlor

Comment

Re: new maps that might be good.

I moved these to the general area. You guys can discuss pretty much anything CSS related here. Alps is way to constricted. for the terrorists they have to either choose A or B. They don't have a viable option to turn back as that means taking a long path directly through ct's. CT's as well have to take the same path to get back to the other site, there is no quick route between the two sites and that just won't work on our server.

DE_corse is way to big of a download. I can put it on the server but like wanda it won't see much play time because it's just to damn big. 150 mb's doesn't sit well with players to download.

- -

Comment

Re: new maps that might be good dicussion.

Yikes, I'm not exactly winning points on forum behavior.

Sorry to keep you busy moving posts around Vulcan.

-Aaron

Comment

mp_c4timer x
              (x is the time in seconds)

The default value is 45.

I think this could fix the problem so that there was more time to move to defuse the bomb.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
              Winston Churchill

Comment

It's actually at 60 seconds atm disciple.

- -

Comment

Sixty seconds seems to have struck a good balance with most of the maps.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Oh right fair anough i was just repeating what the maker of this map told me when i questioned him about why such a far run from each bomb site.

Winston Churchill

Comment

Wow, they actually replied?

I like those guys better and better every day.

-Aaron

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X