This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon punchback in testing

Server 2 is currently testing weapon punchbacks.

This idea is to simulate a particular negative effect of being shot. Even with armor and such weapons pack good amounts of kinetic energy which can make moving difficult or in some cases even knock you back by force.

Pistols - Light pistols (glock and USP): no significantly noticeable effect. Compact, dualies, 5-7: Slight wear on movement. Deagle .50 cal: Noticeable punch.

Shotguns - Depending on how many pellets hit the mark, a couple will hinder movement while a majority will have enough kinetic energy to knock you back several feet.

SMGs - Depending on caliber, most will hinder movement while the .45 cal UMP will cause slight knockback.

Rifles - slight to noticeable knockback. The AK, Aug, and Siig pack the most punch.

Scout - Knockback, quite a bit.

M249 SAW - on par with rifles.

With this in effect, fragmonkey tactics will be slightly more difficult to employ. Players should try to avoid clumping and use pointmen as to not get blocked. IE, rushing tactics may prove more detrimental in some situations. Defensive positions will require more teamwork and sharpshooting rather than brute force to overcome.

Enjoy!

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: Weapon punchback in testing

I can't say I'm a fan. Nor anything more.

Comment

This definately hinders the rush type of play and rightfully, rushing into something without any sort of plan is typically not an ideal way to do it. This is a pretty instense difference from normal CSS and the style of play that has taken over most servers. We do strive for more realism here at TG so this will get tweaked as necessary to perfection.

- -

Comment

Nice! Its like owning one of those RPG accounts, Every update the game gets better and better.... More addictive, and addictive :)

Thank You

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to set these values sloppy!

I was following your tweaks in the other thread, and noticed here you didn't mention grenades. Is there punchback for HE's?

-Aaron

Comment

IMO, the amount of pushback should be determined by the caliber of the weapon you are being hit by. That said, I feel that the Glock and the USP should not be put into the same group for pushback because the Glock is a 9mm and the USP is .45 caliber(noticable difference in power, IRL). The FiveseveN shouldn't have hardly any pushback because it uses armor-piercing rounds. Same thing for assault rifles. Every assault rifle uses a 5.56mm/.223cal except the AK47 which uses the 7.62mm(again, noticable difference in power).

One other thing. Is it possible to modify the amount of pushback for Armoured and Unarmoured targets?

It sounds good so far, though.
            The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon thee. -Ezekiel 25:17

Comment

Good points waters, I'll do some adjustments soon.

As for armor vs unarmored there is no differentiation.

There is punchback for HEs but it is wierd, it will push players back from where they are facing and not from the blast epicenter, so if you are looking away from the blast, you actually get knocked back into it.

"The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJoe View Post
                There is punchback for HEs but it is wierd, it will push players back from where they are facing and not from the blast epicenter, so if you are looking away from the blast, you actually get knocked back into it.
                Nice! So when people turn around because they think you threw a flash into the room, they get sucked into the middle so your teammate can chuck in his HE grenade for some easy kills.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Gravity Grenades rock. Next you can add Farsight from Perfect Dark and the BFG9000. _

Comment

glock has some minor effect moreso in burst of course, usp upped to about where a .45 cal should be, shotty down a touch and scout down a touch.

- Wulfyn

Comment

For the record, even a shotgun blast doesn't have the kinetic energy to knock you back "several feet." If that were the case, all that energy would be applied to your shoulder as well, breaking it.

And the .45 has "knock-down" power, not "knock-back." A person may stumble from getting shot, but no weapon used in CS has the ability to actually push you back a significant distance.

Comment

unfortunately there is no knock down. The general idea is to hinder movement from taking an impact. The values are still in tweaking stage and I'd be more apt to reduce some of them for sure.

Anyways it's kind of moot ATM as EStool is a bit borked from the last CSS update. So the effects are currently off.

- Wulfyn

Comment

I haven't personally had the opportunity to test this feature yet, but like TheFenix said, no weapon will actually "knock you back". The impact of a bullet will only cause the same amount of force that the rifle itself will cause to the person shooting it. I'd be more inclined to see the player shot have a slow down of movement rather than being physically moved. It seems more realistic to me that a player who is shot would be more affected by the shock and actual lack of mobility as a result of a gun shot than being physically moved Hollywood style.
                          2nd Lieutenant Allyn J. Edwards, 28th Infantry Division

Comment

"Hollywood style."

Yeah, we need Long Kiss Goodnight physics.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwards View Post
                              I haven't personally had the opportunity to test this feature yet, but like TheFenix said, no weapon will actually "knock you back". The impact of a bullet will only cause the same amount of force that the rifle itself will cause to the person shooting it. I'd be more inclined to see the player shot have a slow down of movement rather than being physically moved. It seems more realistic to me that a player who is shot would be more affected by the shock and actual lack of mobility as a result of a gun shot than being physically moved Hollywood style.
                              It seems to be pretty rough in mechanics still but we're still testing it out to.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X