Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostage Run

I love it!!!! <3 <(^.^)>

This mod just puts more emphasis on why the Ts should watch the hostages. It also makes it a lot nicer for those maps which make it a bit tough for the CTs.

What are other peoples opinions and whether you guys think we should keep the mod or not?
    There are no winners in war.

Re: Hostage Run

One of the downsides is that the hostages can also compromise CT's who are trying to sneak up to rescue them. If a CT is underneath the middle window on Italy a hostage will move towards the window trying to link up with the CT thus informing any T's on the top floor there's a CT right outside.

Comment

What Assault said and they go back and forth so much if a Terrorists decided to throw some bullets you risk killing hostages :( Other then those 2 things I love it :)

P.S Regulars Please lets see some awesome planning from you guys :)

Thank You

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

I think it is really cool but does have the possibility of giving away your position.

Comment

I think its a great feature. Id keep it unless more problems arise.

Comment

lol ya that is very true assault. One problem ive actually had with the hostage run was in backalley source. One of the hosties ran towards me which wasnt a problem so i captured him and went to go rescue him then realized i should save the other one since he was just right next to me. neways i ran to go out of the hall to front alley to get the other hostie and the hostie runs at me, i freak out and accidently shoot and kill the hostie =(. That was definately bad shooting on my part and i hope it never happens again.
            There are no winners in war.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
              One of the downsides is that the hostages can also compromise CT's who are trying to sneak up to rescue them. If a CT is underneath the middle window on Italy a hostage will move towards the window trying to link up with the CT thus informing any T's on the top floor there's a CT right outside.
              If there aren't any T's in the building yes this happens, otherwise it shouldn't happen. Unless ofcourse there is only 1 T left and atleast 3 ct's left.

Going back to objective why wouldn't you want the hostage to run to you? Your not trying to kill the other guy your trying to rescue hostages RIGHT???

- -

Comment

In the situation we had the other night, at least 4 - 5 T's were holed up in the main house on Italy and as we were making our way to the building the hostages started jumping at the window. The first time it happened I fired at the movement because I didn't expect a hostage to be in the window as you only see T's moving around there. Thankfully it was just one bullet but then you had a situation where the hostage was dancing around the window with a T moving around him firing at us on the outside.

It was difficult trying to take down the T in the window to cover the two man team moving up underneath the window without hitting the hostage by accident. It's not a big deal by any means, but it does tend to complicate things a bit when a hostage is willingly acting like a human shield.

Comment

yes it does get a bit more difficult. This is good though as it will add dimension to the game that we haven't seen in source. That particular situation is a bit silly because the hostage is trying to jump over the bottom window frame blocking it, that's something the nav file could fix. Either way you can move to the door side and he will come around to the balcony and jump down or stairs and out.

- -

Comment

yes Vulcan they came to me twice from balcony and we saved them for the money :)

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X