Dual objective Map?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual objective Map?

I was just wondering if there was any such map?
    one were you used the bomb to say enter a building
    then rescue the 4 hostees.seems to me there could be
    Maps of this kind.but the CT would have to be able to
    use the bomb!!!!!
    <S>KNIFE |TG|

Re: Dual objective Map?

You might be able to set something up so that if the bomb is successfully planted, the next map loads, and the Terrorists now own the building. I don't think this would be very popular, though.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

You mean a storyline of maps? That would be awesome :) Thats not a bad idea.

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

That would be kind of cool!
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I like the idea- it'd be icky for load times though, people might miss maps if they only last a round etc.

Comment

No not a round. It would be setup same but there would be a story and the maps would tell the tale as goes. I mean you could go as far as starting map over but that would be too much if 1 team couldnt excel the map. Or what i mean is flip flop teams if the T's couldnt win the whole match. But the maps would build to the biggest disaster.

And of course when an admin is around he could map vote :) Like on the begining maps the hostages arnt just hostages there named real life people starting maybe with lower politicians till you get to an advanced map where your saving the president.

As far as bombs would be more the same, small key points leading to large nuke or bio plants. I mean with all the maps that Vulcan pulls out he has a map for every story. Just need a writer :) I'm just talking smack is all, but wouldnt it be great. Save vice president Chenney :) Well there isnt hostage abuse because this is a mature server. So heck name the guys we are saving and maybe they hold some top secret stuff. I dunno, I know we got some writers out there.

P.S. When in game guys if your team isnt planning atleast get together with a partner. If the team is failing and your buddy system is the only ones pulling it together, you will have followers to start plans :)

Thank You

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

this idea has huge possibilities if the right people get behind it. all it would have to be is three or four maps that would sort of escalate in intensity as they went on. like if the first map had say, Jeb Bush and some of W's buddies as the hosties the first time thru. then the next map, if the Ct's win could be a de_ map with somewhere like Bush's ranch in texas as the obj. However if the T's win, they start the next map with the same hosties and a higher starting bank as a reward, but they've taken the hosties back to wherever they originate from, say a kismayo type map. just a thought that i cooked up while i was reading this thread. any thoughts?
              sigpic
              Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh...
              Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang
              out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses! I know who
              they're screwing! I know where they live! We could kill *everyone.*
              Murphy: So what do you think?
              Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.
              *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

Genuis! I like that you could change the rotation of maps on how the CT and T play. Man that would be great. Great idea.

Thank You

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

Any of you guys play day of defeat, on that they had maps where you could progress when the assaulting side won, after the assaulting team reached the objective the map would shift (open up more) and the assaulting team would start further along until they succeed in taking the next objective, then it would shift again.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

yeah i've played those style maps. they were alot of fun. the thing we need to take into consideration is the load time though. if we had to reload for each map change it would start to become a huge pain in the you know
                    sigpic
                    Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh...
                    Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang
                    out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses! I know who
                    they're screwing! I know where they live! We could kill *everyone.*
                    Murphy: So what do you think?
                    Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.
                    *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

No no! :) it shouldnt reload after 1 round guys. we can still have either first to 7 or 5 even. The rounds are really waves or attempts, The team that breaks the cap in so many rounds is still the winner like we have now. The other way you would be changing every what 3 min. Noway I wouldnt wanna play then either.

It would be cool if on 1 map you could play 3 rounds without reloading. Round 1 the t's have to plant bomb, if they succeed, Round 2 they would have to kidnap hostages from CT Round 3 either T's have to plant another bomb or the CT have to rescue hostages, or both for round 4.

And if the t's or ct couldnt get the job done and the T's reach a score of say 5 the whole map would switch and the story would end, meaning the CT neva even came close. It would create a challenge.

P.S. Please CT buy your kits first :)

Thank You

FUN FUN

FUN FUN

Comment

Yes.. there is such a map.. My map which is currently under development is a dual objective map. Or more precisely it has Two objectives that must be met by the CT in order to win. The Ct's must take control of the "Control Room" in order to provide power to the Cells the Hostages are held in. Then they must of course rescue the hostages. (keep in mind the power can be turned off to the cells at anytime so the Ct's must keep control of the "Control Room". ..

Previous Posts Concerning my current map

Map Progress

More screenshots

Ct Spawn View

I had an epiphany

New Map Concept
                        I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
                        It makes small numbers formidable
                        procures success to the weak
                        and esteem to all.

Comment

An old game I used to play alot, and still play occasionally, was Tribes 2. It had a mod called siege. You had an objective switch that the offensive team had to touch. This switch was usually guarded by multiple force fields that had to be turned of by destroying power generators. When the switch was touched or time ran out on the map. The teams would flip-flop, offense becoming defense, and defense becoming offense. The team that won, was the one who completed the objective in the least amount of time. Now I don't know if this could be implemented into CS:S considering Tribes 2 had instant respawn after death, but it would be an interesting idea.
                          And Hogan that's pure genius if you can make it work reliably, until the next Valve update :) Though how far away from the Hostages are you going to put the power switch?
                          The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty". -R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X