dxlevel problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxlevel problem

What is going on with the server, I cant get on now because of this "zblock" thing keeps comming up. And its says "zblock - "mat_dxlevel". something along the lines as that.

Re: Server Issues - Bug report

You cannot use DirectX levels 7.0 or 8.0 with ZBlock in effect.

Add -dxlevel 81 to your command line and boot CSS. The video settings will be reset to default in a ZBlock-compliant fashion. Exit CSS and remove the -dxlevel switch and you should be ready to rock.

Comment

Re: Server Issues - Bug report

Ok cool thanks. Ill get back to you if any more problems come up.

In Counter-Strike Source - Properties, and under the tab local files. What does " Defragment Cache Files " do?

Comment

Re: dxlevel problem

Exactly what it says on the tin. Defragments cache files. As far as I know they aren't vital anyway. Likely, it speeds up the launching of Steam apps because Steam, like Windows, is designed to slow down the whole show in the name of saving time by keeping old data you could just get again around.

Comment

Magna... why do you know so much?? I know a lot... and it pales in comparison to your knowledge.

Who are you?!

-Aaron

Comment

Magna, I'm pretty sure i did what you said and it didn't work. I went into the launch options i typed "-dxlevel 8.1" then exited. I tried going on the server and it kicked me again.

Comment

You did what you thought I said.

81, not 8.1.

Comment

Yeah i fixed it because i also didnt think saying 81 was going to work. but thanks. right after i got done posting i said im going to try it without the period in between the 8 and the 1.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X