This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Breakable Crates

I've been using func_breakable s with some crate textures. It's exactly what I want, but no matter what I set 'strength' to, I can always destroy it with 2 shots with the glock, and one shot with almost everything else. I've tried setting it to 100, 400, 1000, 75, 150, pretty much everything.

Is this a common problem with func_breakable ? And if so, is there a workaround? (Please don't tell me to make an entity and use a world model, because that's not what I want).

Thanks

Re: Making Breakable Crates

I remember screwing around with breakable security windows a while back... I know I got it to work such that AWP would break it in one, but you needed about a full mag of Glock to punch through. I also once made a big door that could only be opened with explosives or about seven AWP rounds. Try more outrageous strength values, and the min-damage to hurt parameter. That would let you trial-and-error your way to finding out what amounts of damage the entities are receiving from the weapons.

Otherwise, I don't remember what I did to make them work the way I wanted them to.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
      Try more outrageous strength values, and the min-damage to hurt parameter.
      The 'Min damage to hurt' is definitely what you're looking for (I think). If set correctly, it will make the glock do 1 damage or so, but the aug, etc. will shatter it pretty quickly.
      Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

It'd be nice if we had a mapping subfora for these type of threads.

Comment

Create a new category so you don't have to see our mapping posts?
          Last edited by highly_flammable; 06-29-2007, 06:29 PM. Reason: Changed my mind.
          Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shardz View Post
              I've been using func_breakable s with some crate textures. It's exactly what I want, but no matter what I set 'strength' to, I can always destroy it with 2 shots with the glock, and one shot with almost everything else. I've tried setting it to 100, 400, 1000, 75, 150, pretty much everything.
              This should not happen. Others have said that min damage to hurt will change things, but if it takes one shot from any weapon at 1000 strength, you have a different problem. Make sure that propdata is set to 'None' : "If set, it will override this entity's health and damage taken from various weapons."
              - Drake_Anra

Comment

Originally posted by highly_flammable View Post
                Create a new category so you don't have to see our mapping posts?
                this sounds like an excellent idea. Though I doubt the forum would be used much as there are only a few of you mappers out there.

Comment

Exactly, they wouldn't be used anywhere near enough to be worth clicking on. Unless the mapping chat begins to outpace the rest of the general convo, there's no need to branch it.

Comment

Originally posted by nhammen View Post
                    This should not happen. Others have said that min damage to hurt will change things, but if it takes one shot from any weapon at 1000 strength, you have a different problem. Make sure that propdata is set to 'None' : "If set, it will override this entity's health and damage taken from various weapons."
                    Aha! I was working on getting it to break into wood, not glass, and there were two settings that included Wood and Wood.Medium. I got over zealous and set Propdata as well. I'll get rid of that and see what happens. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by section-8 View Post
                      this sounds like an excellent idea. Though I doubt the forum would be used much as there are only a few of you mappers out there.
                      That's true, but there could be an influx of new mappers, or at least people who want to try it out (like myself), and they would have somewhere to go. Instead of backlogging the forums to find relevent information.

Edit: And this is OT, but can anyone tell me why in the hell I had 1005 posts yesterday and only 1002 today?

Comment

Originally posted by section-8 View Post
                        Well, I dunno. Seems like there's about at least 5ish. I think Vulcan does mapping too (I played an awesome map he said was his.)

Comment

Dev group anyone??? The posts at the top of the forum are there for a REASON.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X