Trojan Horse with CSS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan Horse with CSS?

I am having some troubles with steam/counterstrike. When I try to open Counter Strike, I get a Norton pop up that says it automatically blocked a Trojan horse and then the game says that the game is currently unavailable.

Anybody know what is going on? Because I am kind of concerned, I don't know if it is just steam or something.
    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Re: Trojan Horse with CSS?

Ive read across more then one forum that many people are having this issue. No one can pin it down yet and its not just CSS, dod and a couple other HL2 mods are having issues.

Only thing related is the fact norton is involved.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah, it just started happening today. I don't know what's up.

Comment

Ever wonder if maybe Norton is the Trojan? Kinda seems so to me... *Wink*
        Oyee

Comment

black i was thinking the same thing actually..lol

From what ive read on forums if you go into your norton and disable "script blocking" that should do the trick. Next uninstall norton and download AVG. You will be happier.
          -Vulcan

Comment

nerd had the same problem you need to manually clean out your Temp files, Temporary internet Files and Cookies then reboot run norton again with steam turned off, Then reboot again. then try steam
            I.R. Hogan |TG|

Discipline is the soul of an army.
            It makes small numbers formidable
            procures success to the weak
            and esteem to all.

Comment

lol i was having this same problem and ive just cleaned out my tmp folders last night but have not tried source yet. Anyways nortan is still way better then AVG. AVG hindered my comp more then helped it.
              There are no winners in war.

Comment

I'm having the same problem, and it just started yesterday 7/7/2007. I shut off the Norton auto-protect and it allowed me to launch CS. I then copied the temp file to a flash drive and scanned the file with Avast! It had no problem with the file. I also uploaded it to Kapersky's site and it said it found no problem with with the file. Looks like Norton updated their virus defs and now thinks this thing is a virus. It does look like some sort of application though... it's weird. the first line of the temp file says "This cannot be run in DOS mode".

Anyone have a solution?

Comment

There is no virus. Steam is tripping the script blocking "feature" in norton. If you disable that "script blocking" You wil be find. Another solution is to delete norton and install AVG, alot better then norton and uses half as many resources.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Yeah, I think it's funny that in order for Norton to prevent bad programs from taking over your system and preventing you from using it...Norton has to take over your system and prevent you from using it. I was getting this problem, too. Think I'll give the Symantec forums an earful about this.

Comment

What is wrong with Norton? My dad works for symantec and there has never been any problems with this.

Comment

Norton uses Twice as many resources as it needs, bad optimization. Simple test you can do. Run Norton system scan and then try to do anything, next download and install AVG, do the same scan and try again. I can bet you will a major proformance difference by using AVG, and AVG is free.

Ive had many jobs where norton just dint catch all or any of the issues, viruses. But installing avg got more then half of them on the first scan. Never liked norton, does more then it actually should. Blocks programs, doesnt find everything.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

How do i do that? This thing is causing a lot of swearing from my dad.
                          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Nevermind I got it working. Thanks guys.
                            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

LOL This just started happening to me today( Date 7/8/07)
                              I i have Norton as well and ive been deleting trojans allllllllllllllll day long.
                              I delete the trojan's OVER OVER and OVER again then thay come back.

What is AVG?

I want to know where i can get this AVG so when i get the aproval of my parents ill Uninstall Norton and put AVG on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X