This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Whole New Server

I don't exactly know how to go about this, because I've never really seen it mentioned before. I know NS has two servers, but I'm not sure how it came to be.

Uhm, I feel like if CSS had another server, it could probably populate it. Maybe not a 14, maybe a 12 slot server?

Maybe 14. Either way, how does one go about asking if the community wants another server? Does it just come to be when the higher powers deem it necessary, or do we have to ask for it?

Lol.

-Mom
    Last edited by Yer Mom; 07-14-2007, 12:06 AM. Reason: it, a, a
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: A Whole New Server

CSS had 2 servers for about 2 months if I remember correctly. Then one got turnd into the insmod server, i think. Not sure how it comes about but im sure a pm to vulcan would get you a better answer
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I ran a test server not to long ago before INS came out. INS has lots of bugs still but many of the CSS players will be playing it quite a bit which will decrease the population on the CSS server. So till then it's a matter of measuring population.

- -

Comment

Yeah if Ins doesn't have a server then Dirtboy will be sad :(

FUN FUN

Comment

Real sad:(

It sucks being on the other side of the world...I have to wake really early to play with you all. But I don't mind;)
          "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

i agree about getting another css server only because i feel kinda bad for the people that play all the time, follow the rules, and behave. but dont have a reserved slot, and when some one that has one jumps in a full server the others just get kicked. i know that before i got a reserved slot it kinda made me alil mad, that i would get kicked in the middle of a round and not be able to come back in till the next map cause of a full server. and i know that others would agree

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

That's a lot of my bickering, but I didn't mean to bicker.

I fully believe we could populate another server, especially on the weekends.

It's not even noon here and the server is full. TGNS recently went to a second server, and it stays empty a lot. Wyz normally uses it for bug testing and etc.

Maybe CSS could con NS out of a server? :P

-Mom
              Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

having the server isn't a problem.

- -

Comment

We really need another TG CSS server, the one we have is constantly full. Also is the Insurgency server always going to be supporting members only? - Yes I know I could just become a supporting member myself and maybe I will, I just havent decided yet.
                  "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Comment

When the TG CSS server is full of SMs, then we have reason to expand into another server. If you're not a SM and the server is full, just keep trying.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Usually when a slot opens up and I join, I get replaced by a SM after a very short time. For me the server is always empty in the morning, and during the day there are sometimes a few regulars playing, (most of them non-SMs I think) and in the evening the server is always full.
                      "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Comment

Yup, I can play one whole round before getting replaced if I'm lucky, and since its always me getting replaced I asume the server is full of SMs, actually I'm, starting to think I'm the only player who is not a SM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                          Yup, I can play one whole round before getting replaced if I'm lucky, and since its always me getting replaced I asume the server is full of SMs, actually I'm, starting to think I'm the only player who is not a SM.
                          The server kicks the nonSM with the shortest amount of connection time... unfortunatly when waiting players do finally get in... if another SM comes along they are the ones to go... Best bet.. stay on the server all day :P
                          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                            The server kicks the nonSM with the shortest amount of connection time... unfortunatly when waiting players do finally get in... if another SM comes along they are the ones to go... Best bet.. stay on the server all day :P
                            The shortest? It should be configured for the longest, not the shortest.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

That's something that can be discussed in the dev/admin forum but it actually doesn't use that method gogeta! :P

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X