just a thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a thought

ive noticed in the time that ive been back that alot of people seem like they want a chance to prove what they can do. And iv also know that the tg server is deticated to playing at your very best. I have an idea for a scrim system for all thoes in the tg css place. What it is, is that we make 7 man teams that u can join up to scrim other 7 man teams. and what u do is make ur teams practice on ur own time and then on a sertain day or week or however long it takes u have a tourniment to decide the best team to hold the title. but u have a slot like once a week for anyteam that wants to challenge the for the title. and in this slot the 2 teams in the match decide on the map to be played and so forth.

This is not a suggestion just an idea and i would like to hear what everyone thinks and if it gets a good response and enough people want to try to make something of it. maby we could make it happen. also keep in mind that this is not for individual hot dogging but instead full team tactics and combined skill.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Re: just a thought

also this is an idea for all tg members tg regulars and suporting members.

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

hmmm sounds like the thread vulcan just posted about a tournament. But even so im down for any events like these.
      There are no winners in war.

Comment

Sounds intersting....

Something along a squad concept
        Rapture

Comment

The CS:S higher-ups have given me the impression that they don't want PCS turned into a squad game.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

its kinda like what vulcan said but the teams would be a mix of regulars pcs and so on

Comment

Also, I think the man in charge has a few rules for TG squads (regardless of game). I think one of them is SM only.
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Well, I think it would be cool if we had a whole new server to do this on! something like:
                TacticalGamer.com-ProffesionalCSTournament-Realism
                some beast of that nature, and there could be slots for the players and slots for spectators?
                idk, that kinda thing sounds cool, and it could get alot of attention and increase in population of these forums and the servers if done right.
                Sounds like Broly and Vulcan are on to something here...

Just my thoughts- EvilTiki

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                  I think one of them is SM only.
                  Mostly true with the exception on the Irregulars which are almost all non-supporting members.

Comment

Squads are a bit redundant in CS:S due to the sheer size (rather lack thereof) of teams. Scrim teams are always a fun idea, and it has been done successfully in the past, but they rarely last beyond the scrim in question.

Best way to have a "squad" feeling in CS:S? Start making friends with the other regulars; pick someone you like and know you work well with and keep working with him until you're a tag-team death-duo, then repeat the process with someone else. Pretty soon you'll end up with a whole server of people you can work exceptionally well with. Sure it may be nice to have the arbitrary "clan-esque" boundaries of names and tags, but they're meaningless artificial constructs if there's no intrinsic bond of trust and friendship between the people in question.

-Zephyr
                    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                    We are not a single game.
                    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilTiki View Post
                      Sounds like Broly and Vulcan are on to something here...
                      Yep, except Vulcan hasn't posted in this thread at all.

I think if enough interest is shown in the tournament, it'll become a more regular thing.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                        Yep, except Vulcan hasn't posted in this thread at all.

I think if enough interest is shown in the tournament, it'll become a more regular thing.
                        *waves hand* but Vulcan has already posted in this thread.

And these are not the droids you're looking for.

-Zephyr
                        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                        We are not a single game.
                        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Oh, right. On your way, then.
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                            Oh, right. On your way, then.
                            ROFL, that took me a second but I got it, I love star wars quotes, they can be used for any situation.
                            Last edited by EvilTiki; 07-22-2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Almost? I think you should remove that modifier.
                              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X