This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maturity

Hey guys, I've played in your server a couple times and have lurked around your forums. I have heard many people saying you are the Premiere of Mature Gaming. The definition of maturity can be ambiguous, so i would like clarification on which term you define yourselves as.

1.) Maturity - a term indicating that a technology has been in use and development for long enough that most of its initial problems have been overcome

2.) Maturity - a term used in psychology to indicate that a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate manner; often this implies a response that is reasoned or learned rather than impulsive.

The confusion comes from issues i see with your set-up. I in no way say these must be changed, or should be changed, but soley state my opinion as a fellow gamer.

1.) i find it hard to reach the point of pure "maturity" without allowing your members to criticize your admins. Thats the same as saying that its bad for people to criticize their government. Now i believe most of you live in free countries around Europe and America, so i was wondering why you would throw out a valuable freedom that im sure we all hold very dear. I know i personally criticize the Bush administration almost daily, and also know that many Brits criticized Blair as well.

2.) I have told some friends to play in your server, and clearly stated your rules. But since you have some very orginal and unique maps, they get lost easily. In most instances they get banned very early on, with no help as to where to go. I find it hard to say your being mature when you don't offer to help new comers to your server and show them your ways. Your custom maps are good to play on, but need to be played often to learn them due to their size.

3.) On a side not to my first comment, i noticed that another member posted his concerns about some issues. I was about to reply that I too saw some problems that could be easily fixed, tho never experienced the same ones as He, but when i tried to post, the post had been deleted by an admin. That is the main reason why i bring up these issues. I can't recall the member's name because i was more focused on his post, but again, criticism can be more than mallicious, it can be a critique, which can be very helpful to "mature" and develop your unique gaming style.

Re: Maturity

If you read the SOPs you will see we have clear rules for taking care of admin criticism. You pm the admin/GO in charge and deal with it that way, i for one hate coming to the forums and reading complaint threads when its usually the player at fault. TG is in not way a democracy, ask anyone who has been around for awhile, we have rules and they are followed.

And to say we don't help new players really is a slap in the face to what we teach on the server. Ive never been in a game where someone wasn't helping someone else. I'm sure at times it may seem like we ignore people or don't listen, but i can assure you all questions and concerns are looked into. On the server half the time if people would just listen and stop whining about something they would have no problems at all.

All our server rules are listed in game and on the forums. So in conclusion, im sure this thread will be locked and you should PM an admin about your "concerns"
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Thank you Trooper for your reply. I in no way meant this as a verbal "slap", i purely wanted to state my critique. And i am aware of your PM standards, and of your SOP's. Though TG may not be a "democracy" i still believe people have the right to critisize their admins openly, just for the sole purpose that admins dont get out of control. Again, i have not personally been offended by any admins, but know friends who have. And as your comment, " for one hate coming to the forums and reading complaint threads when its usually the player at fault. TG is in not way a democracy, ask anyone who has been around for awhile, we have rules and they are followed." i believe that if the player is at fault, then the accused should be able to openly defend himself. And if these kinds of posts happen often, shouldn't something be done to stop them?

Comment

ya wat trooper said.

For the newcomers its easier if they said they were new so that way everyone knows they need assistance.
        There are no winners in war.

Comment

Again, thank you for your reply and opinion, but i still dont see how a closed conversation can fix problems such as mine and the other member who posted earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chronic Zero View Post
            Thank you Trooper for your reply. I in no way meant this as a verbal "slap", i purely wanted to state my critique. And i am aware of your PM standards, and of your SOP's. Though TG may not be a "democracy" i still believe people have the right to critisize their admins openly, just for the sole purpose that admins dont get out of control. Again, i have not personally been offended by any admins, but know friends who have.
            We have a process for dealing with admins that are out of control. Public threads don't have any purpose in dealing with those admins and it's really not needed in order for us to deal with a problem admin.

We don't need a public outcry or spectacle occurring every time a player breaks a rule and gets punished for it. As such, we have this policy in place to deal with admin issues and we most certainly enforce it.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Again, thank you for your reply and opinion, but i still dont see how a closed conversation can fix problems such as mine and the other member who posted earlier today.
              That is unfortunate that you can't see how direct conversation with an admin, a game officer, or myself can resolve a problem.

Comment

Thank you Trooper for your reply. I in no way meant this as a verbal "slap", i purely wanted to state my critique. And i am aware of your PM standards, and of your SOP's. Though TG may not be a "democracy" i still believe people have the right to critisize their admins openly, just for the sole purpose that admins dont get out of control. Again, i have not personally been offended by any admins, but know friends who have. And as your comment, " for one hate coming to the forums and reading complaint threads when its usually the player at fault. TG is in not way a democracy, ask anyone who has been around for awhile, we have rules and they are followed." i believe that if the player is at fault, then the accused should be able to openly defend himself. And if these kinds of posts happen often, shouldn't something be done to stop them?
                You are given every oppurtunity behind closed doors to express your side, us as players dont need/want/care to see it. Those rules in place have workd for many years and i dont see them changing anytime soon. The admins know more about what is going on, why someone was banned/kicked then the rest of us.

You dont go into work knowingly break things, then expect your boss to have an open forum on why you did it. It just doesnt happen
                -Vulcan

Comment

I guess my opinion of an open conversation isn't shared, so ill back down. Again, i meant nothing against the idea of your style, just want to say that continuing to change and adapt really is the definition of maturity, so maybe your name can be called, "Premiere of Realistic Gaming in a Dictatorship Environment".

Comment

I guess my opinion of an open conversation isn't shared, so ill back down. Again, i meant nothing against the idea of your style, just want to say that continuing to change and adapt really is the definition of maturity, so maybe your name can be called, "Premiere of Realistic Gaming in a Dictatorship Environment".
                    So, we're dictators because we don't want to adapt the entire community to your whims and desires? That's fairly narrow minded.

Just to fill you in, this is NOT a new community nor are we unexperienced in what we're doing. The SOPs against debating admin issues in the forums wasn't always here. It served to create a far more destructive environment than we desired and caused more hostility which led to issues NOT being resolved. There is a distinct chain of command that can be followed to remedy ANY admin issues.

Creating threads for the purpose of trying to publicly humiliate or chastise an admin isn't going to do anyone any good.

Comment

@Zero>

You are experiencing the "new player syndrome."

TG is a tough place to get used to. In the world of internet gaming where anything goes, it can be a long and difficult transition.

We have rules.

Some rules on the surface appear contrary to themselves or other rules. Some rules make "winning" more difficult. Some rules require you to slow down and pay attention.

We enforce those rules. If you don't follow those rules, you're out.

Initially, this seems very draconian. However, you'll quick learn that being kicked from the server isn't a farewell punt. It simply is the only tool admins have to enforce behavior. Usually all is forgiven as soon as you rejoin.

Due to the dramatic difference between TG and Pub Play, it is a very difficult transition for new players. The topic of how to make the server newbie friendly has come up often, and usually the consensus is that doing anything to make life easier for new players sacrifices some of the core rules for play.

If you read my history of posting you'll discover I was in your same position. Just stick with this place, the people here really are nice.

-Aaron

Comment

Tell me, has the admin Vulcan been dealt with yet? Because numerous people have complained, such as the member who posted earlier, and many of my fellow gamers i play with. I tried to beat around the bush, but obviously you people dont like mind games. If your system is flawless then why has admin abuse not been dealt with?

Comment

Guess you aren't following what we are trying to say, no mind games involved. Did you PM Vulcan or any admins to find out? We take admin abuse very seriously. Admins that get out of hand are dealt with swiftly, and privately. In your eyes actions done by admins might be abuse, in the GO/admins eyes its following the guild lines set out for them by apophis.

Again TG isn't new, everything you are trying to get across has already been delt with. These types of threads come along once a month or so.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Do me a favor Chronic Zero...Abide by the SOP's and PM vulcan instead of "beating around the bush".

Or better yet PM me or any other admin...just follow the forum rules alright!
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

ok, will do, thanks for the advice guys.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X