Wireless lag problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless lag problems

Some of you have some wireless lag problems caused by wireless zero configuration service. For some they can easily disable it but some of you have it running your Wireless service.

I found this link
    http://www.winforums.com/showthread.php?t=6035

It's old but it's true and hopefully those of you running wireless can possibly look for your wireless card software rather than using microsoft's software.

- -

Re: Wireless lag problems

I had a few wireless problems for a while, in the end i solved the problem and me and my dad ended up buying a new router!!

Comment

a nade to the face of the router solves most all problems,

on a serious note: i used to use a wireless router, and i was having packet loss up the wazoo.. i found out that the router was getting radio interference becasue it was placed too close to the base of a cordless phone.. and (after putting 2+2 together... and getting 6 i no longer get DCed when the phone rings)
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

I have just deployed 145 wireless machines at my job, with 174 access points. Trust me, if you can...disable the wireless zero configuration service. You will sleep much better at night.
        If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
        with any questions or concerns.
        |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonk View Post
          a nade to the face of the router solves most all problems,

\
          I prefer to be more surgical about it.. say a 20 pound sledge.

Comment

Vulcan, I owe you yet again. Unfortunately, I don't think we have a CD, so I'll have to go to the company or something.

Edit: What I don't understand though, is before the guy came in and fixed it, my WZC was off, and it was still running.. Whatever.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
            Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
            Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

The only way to ensure that it's disabled in Windows XP is to use the "Services" snap-in. It's cleverly disguised, hiding under the name "Wireless Zero Configuration".
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X