This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fine Line

I've walked so much before. I've bickered in the NS forums over "administrative" issues, and been banned from the forums from it.

I hope that what I'm posting now isn't too administrative, and I hope that you admin don't think I'm complaining.

I don't mean to say that the CSS server isn't alive, because it stays full nearly all day. That's my entire point. In TGNS, we had to address certain issues with regulars being kicked by SMs because we found that a lot of our SMs liked playing with regulars too, not just the other SMs. In the grand scheme of things, we decided to give regulars access to a kick command called gb to help protect the server. Users had to type sharegb in the console to get the access, but it gave them certain protections against the slot kick feature. I realize that we can't implement something like this in TGCSS because it's not needed. Our admin here do a very good job, imho, but I'm sure some people won't agree.

My point is that while I enjoy playing on TGCSS, I don't enjoy it unless there are certain people on that I enjoy playing with. Tactics change as the day progresses, as well as the seriousness of the game. I realize that in all fairness, I should be kicked by an SM. What I don't agree with is that I get kicked before someone who doesn't play often on our servers. I'm not saying that I should have more power than the little man, but I should be able to help populate the server. A lot of people play CSS because of the people they play with, not because of the game itself.

My proposal is that we change the kick plugin to kick the person who has been there either the shortest or the longest time. My ping is out of my control, but it's not high enough to bother the server or the other players on the server. I'm not sure why the plugin is designed to kick by highest ping, but I'm also not quite sure how fair I consider that. There are regular players in the server who I see on for hours on end just because they have a low ping. I should have my shot at staying on for hours on end, regardless of my ping, but I rarely see the last rounds of a map I start. Some days I get lucky and spend 4 hours on the server, but with the lower quality player. (IE: I don't get to play with Ben, Spar, and Vulcan).

It's not my call to make things change. I'm just supposed to be the revolutionist causing the uprising. Then again, that's how the civil war got started, so I'm not too sure that's my position either. I've said my peace though.

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: The Fine Line

It's not designed to kick the highest ping, as far as I know. It's always been set to kick the non-sm who last joined (aka least playing time on the server). Personally, I'd rather see this set to kick the non-sm who's been playing the longest. I enjoy new blood, but...people new to our server often get frustrated by the auto-kick when they have to join 20 times after being kicked before they can get a round in. It would serve our community more to let everyone have a taste of TG for as long as they can until they end up that guy at the bottom of the pole.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT: This should probably be in the Development folder. If you don't have access to it, just send a request through your User CP.
    | | |

Comment

I agree. I think that it's set up for the highest ping. I'm not entirely sure that's correct, but I think it is. I know that I've sat and watched my ping and another guys ping stay right around each other for a while when an SM was joining. It ended up kicking me as I had the highest ping of the two.

Good call on the development folder. I posted here because I thought it concerned the majority of our community rather than just the people in the development side of things.

-Mom
      Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

It's not set up for the highest ping. It's set up for the shortest time. It was a month ago when I tested it, anyways.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Hmmm some one else was asking me about this the other day because he got kicked so often (paster i believe), id like to hear it from Vulcans mouth myself but if it is ping i don't feel thats very sporting (more of my islanders is defonatly what this community needs, admit it).

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Ya just yesterday i was kicked about three or four times in a row for a SM so i kinda gave up playing for the night. Also come on Yer Mom, am i not a high quality player lol. Ill pwn you next time i see you.
            There are no winners in war.

Comment

If it's the ping, no wonder... I'm screwed. I got a crazy ping, even though I don't lag at all... Hate TG for being American, Finnish people can't enjoy it >_>

Comment

I think the ping kick is set for either 300 or 500+
                | | |

Comment

Not the ping kick itself. The ping kick is at 350+ solid, I think.

That's not what I'm discussing. It may very well be set to the shortest time, but I can't be sure about that, either. I've never really payed attention to the shortest time on the server, so I can't say for sure. I'd like to hear it from Vulcan myself.

:D

-Mom
                  Yer Mom /O>

Comment

Did you not already have enough attention over this here.

The simple fact is that if your a long term member and you still have not gotten an SM, then it's your own fault. If you or anyone else wants to enjoy the server bad enough, you'll get a Supporting Membership.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X