is Detox the problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Detox the problem?

Hello gents, having a problem and hope someone has an answer Vulcan you probably would know better than anyone assuming your the one who installed the Detox.

As most of you know I have been playing on the TG PCS server for a long time and ust recently since this Detox has been added I am now having a problem with locking up in game for about 30-45 seconds any time I hit "y" to do chat or hit "esc" to go to options screen and those are the only time it happen are those to instances. While actually playing I am fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

PS. If any of you type to me in-game and I don;t reply don't worry its not bc your breath stinks, but bc I don;t feel like locking up lol

Thanks in advance
    PSN= Lethal_420

Re: is Detox the problem?

I haven't had that problem exactly, but there are times that I have locked up for a period of time for no apparent reason. There are times I will lag/stutter as soon as I encounter the first person I see on the OpFor...which is kind of a double edge sword...that stutter is a dead give away that there's an enemy near by, but at the same time that 3-5 seconds of lag has got me killed. Then there's the inevitable, once per session, complete lock up. Unable to alt-tab or anything...I just have to reboot completely.

I'm not sure if any of this has to do with detox or any other mod. All I know is it NEVER happens on any other server. For the most part, I love TG so much that I just grin and bear it...but lately it's just been too much for me.
    | | |

Comment

like wise, Thats why I was thinking that it was something server side being that I have not had the problem on any other server and like you will not step foot on another server unless testin in instances like this
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

You have to realize that jumping onto a server for 15-30 minutes and not having an issue doesn't mean it's only our server.

It could be steam, corrupted files, video card drivers, sound card drivers and other devices connected to your machines.

You guys are experiencing two very different things.

- -

Comment

Well, I play gun game a lot as well as a couple other mods on a myriad of other servers...sometimes for hours on end. The only server I ever crash on consistently is TG's. But I realize I'm just one of a few people who attends our server regularly that has these kinds of problems so I don't expect any kind of resolution unless this starts to have an effect on a majority of the people who play here.

But I do know for certain that it is the TG server and not on my end. Like I said, I grin and bear it for the most part.
          | | |

Comment

The first thing to suspect when freezing is corrupted files or bad driver files. This means that yes you could have bad files that only the TG server uses. If it's been 2 years since you last reformatted your hard drive, ran a check disk or defragmented then you are going to have issues. If you don't know what any of that means then you are most definately in serious need of computer maintenance.

- -

Comment

Well, thanks to Vulcan I think my problems are solved. What he had me do was delete the content of my steamapps>counter-strike folder to the recycle bin...but don't delete it completely. Let it sit in recycle bin so it can be read, then load up counter-strike, join the server and let it re-download all the maps and whatnot. So far, my join time is much quicker, I have none of the lag I used to get when first joining the server, and things just run much smoother in general. Turns out it was my corrupted files from things like custom configs and custom skins having a conflict with some of the server side stuff that goes on. I'm pretty RTARD when it comes to stuff like this, but with Vulcan's help looks like I'm good to go.

Thanks man!
              | | |

Comment

Rookie tried deleting the contents of his counter-strike folder and it didn't help him. He still has the same problem.
                | | |

Comment

If you haven't reinstalled Windows in TWO YEARS, you're insane. To run well, Windows needs to be reinstalled about once every six months irregardless of spyware and malware and viruses. Just installing and uninstalling applications mandates this.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                    If you haven't reinstalled Windows in TWO YEARS, you're insane. To run well, Windows needs to be reinstalled about once every six months irregardless of spyware and malware and viruses. Just installing and uninstalling applications mandates this.
                    Which is one of the reasons why Windows is crap.
                    - Drake_Anra

Comment

No, that's just a symptom. The crap runs deep in the core of its DNA.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X