This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, just chill..

Every once in a while, you'll see people going crazy because one rule was broken(accidentally, I might add) or when someone is mistaken. Just yesterday, I saw some people go crazy at newbies, because they were going outside the "T area". They were told to read the motd and such. After studying the motd, I'm quite sure that there is no separate sets of boundaries included in it. How should people who just downloaded the map know where the boundaries go, and what is considered fair game, and when? Get mad at the veterans who didn't bother to give them a quick explanation on where the invisible lines are.

Besides, the "boundaries" are ever-changing. What at one point is strictly out of bounds might be legal, maybe even a standard spot to use in a different situation. Besides, you'll see CT's running around carelessly in the "safe zone," as if they have no threat. While I'm against breaking rules to get kills, sometimes it adds to the gameplay when a Terrorist breaches the "boundaries" to peak at what the CT's are up to, as long as they don't go far. It forces you to be constantly alert and adds to the reality. How often do you see a real counter-terrorist unit running around as if there's no chance a terrorist is going to jump from around the corner?

Now, hosties are an interesting subject. Obviously, the "boundaries" should be a bit further out on hostage maps. I'm not saying a Terrorist should be allowed to run to the CT spawn to camp there "in case they get the hostages." But because you don't need to run back to the bombsite and take out all the terrorists while still having to make it in time, instead you can intersect the CT getting the hosties pretty much anywhere on the map, which, IMO allows more flexibility. This works well on maps with only one hostage rescue zone, because with only one place for them to go, if you are far away(which you shouldn't be, the moment the inner defences start faltering is the moment you should head back to back them up), instead of running back to the spawn and chasing them from there, you can choose to run further up and set up an ambush. I don't see why people complain so much about this.

A big thing that people argue about is individual hosties. When you have one or two hosties somewhere near the hostage rescue zone, more often than not you'll see terrorists sitting near them. Many ask why abandon the other hosties? It's logical to have a stronger defence on the hosties that are the most likely to be rescued. Just chill, and adapt your strategy instead of shouting about it.

You got killed because someone broke the rules? Chill, and write about it in a relaxed, mature manner, instead of whining about it. I'm sure the point will get across without you looking like an immature brat who's mad about dying. Better yet, first consider if it was actually legal. What kind of situation was he in? Or maybe it was a genuine accident? Having everyone comment about a small detail is unnecessary, if you see that someone already said something, you don't need to write about it. Of course, having people back you up on bigger things is good, but that's a different thing all together.

Don't get me wrong, I like the rules, in fact, they do nothing but add to the good things of CSS and take out some of the bad ones. But sometimes, whining about a small thing is just annoying and gives of a bad impression of TG. Like it or not, the rules are quite strict. it's not hard to accidentally break one. Just chill out and have fun, that's the main goal of playing here.

Sorry if this is a bit messy, or pointless. My first time writing a thread like this. I'm just getting extremely annoyed of seeing people whine about the smallest things and thinking they're helping TG, while they're doing nothing but hurting it.

Re: Guys, just chill..

Agreed.

If a person on my team is new to the map or the rules to the server, I'd usually tell them to follow me or someone else. This way, instead of explaining the boundaries to them, they can see what you do and what is legal or not.
    http://cpargermer.com/wateva/Itchyy1.png

Comment

Ya im going to have to agree. But im not perfect either. I have had my moments where ive gotten a bit snappy because someone crossed the line at a certain point but in the end we all have to remember that this is just a game. Lets all just have fun killing each other.
      There are no winners in war.

Comment

Your post is very hard to read.

Either way if you don't know the map don't venture far and find your nearest PCS or TG tag player to follow and help.

We go over this all the time. Another post is NOT needed and this is all covered in the SOP's.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X