3rd Marine Division - Realism Unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Marine Division - Realism Unit

I wanted to say hello to the tacticalgamer community in CSS.

I am Colonel Alderman, commanding officer of the 3rd Marine Division realism unit.

We are involved in the css and dods realism community, and the only official "realism unit" in css. We have been a active unit in source sense 05, and before was in the FH mod for bf1942 when we activated in 2003 (we are currently out of bf). FOr information on the difference between our unit and clans is that we follow proper military structure, ranks, customs, etc (that the game permits). We also focus on more realistic styles of gameplay, which has been a big help in CSS since the use of realism mod as you folks have.

I would like to say that it is a great pleasure to know that while there might not currently be any other CSS realism units, their is others who play a similar style and are focused to a more realistic style of play. It is also thanks to you folks that I found out about the realism mod from playing on your server a few times.

Anyway I do hope to see about increasing relations between your community and the 3rd Marine Division. I would like to also invite anyone to our public realism event tomorrow, and just like during the pub we will have the realism mod running. The difference with our public realism matches is that also play a attack and defend style and also include class/weapon restrictions. While we take a bit more time for each round, and time to set up it does add a higher level of intensity and teamwork/communication. You can view the information for the server and PW info that is required so you can join. These realism events happen for several hours if not most of the day and only happen about once a month. To view information go to 3rdmd.org and click on the css realism event link under 3rd Marine Division News.

Many people from the community and also from the countless day of defeat source realism units attend this event. Thank you, Semper Fi gentlemen.

Lieutenant Colonel Alderman
    Commanding Officer
    Combat Assault Battalion
    3rd Marine Division

Re: 3rd Marine Division - Realism Unit

Good to see another realism group out there. Welcome to the TG forums and I'll have a look at your site!

- -

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I think it will be great to see a good relationship develop between our groups, along with seeing differences in realism play (besides for the mod :p ). Ill be sure to have some of my NCO's and officers pop on these forums soon to.

Commanding Officer
      Combat Assault Battalion
      3rd Marine Division

Comment

Welcome aboard :) Maybe we could have a scrimmage sometime between our two groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
          Welcome aboard :) Maybe we could have a scrimmage sometime between our two groups.
          you took the words right out of my mouth
          powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Big welcome to you and your crew Alderman!
            Dizlor

Comment

Welcome to TG, friend! Good to see another community out there that focuses on realism and tactics.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Also another question. Anyone here have any military background?

Commanding Officer
                Combat Assault Battalion
                3rd Marine Division

Comment

Also some scrims would be good to set up sometime. If you attend the realism event you will see the main way we do realism scrims with our attack and defend style, along with the weapon restrictions.

Commanding Officer
                  Combat Assault Battalion
                  3rd Marine Division

Comment

Originally posted by Alderman [3rd MD] View Post
                    Also another question. Anyone here have any military background?
                    Yep.

Doesn't really equate to the game, though. No real reason why. :)

Comment

No, just getting a general idea of guys your community has who have the background and such, its always nice to run into fellow service guys to bs with ;) .

Commanding Officer
                      Combat Assault Battalion
                      3rd Marine Division

Comment

Hello Welcome and thank you for giving me a quick tour of how the 3rd Marine Division runs things. I like the style and If the Mrs. doesn't have plans I will stop by for some hands on play, I guess you can say :)

FUN FUN

Comment

I know that a good portion of our players here have a military background. I'm glad to see that there are other communities out there involved in CS:S and not about the frags. Do you have a link to your website?

EDIT: website in his profile: http://www.3rdmd.org/
                          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Oh forgot to mention our SOP's! In my Sig!

- -

Comment

Welcome! Can't wait to play with you guys =D
                              "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X