The Hidden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hidden

Are there any CS regulars who might be interested in checking out the Hidden mod for HL2? If you're not familiar with the name, there's one team of special forces types hunting down a single player named Subject 617 who is almost invisible and has limited weapons while the special forces team has access to modern day equipment and detection devices. Think of it as playing CS against the Predator without his vast futuristic arsenal.

Here's one of their trailers on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xihe...elated&search=

Main website:

http://www.hidden-source.com/

I haven't tried it yet myself but it's one of the mods slated to be added to the TG Source server at some point.

Re: The Hidden

I tried it but couldn't see The Hidden (as in, invisible model). Is this because I don't own HL2:DM? I was running with with Source SDK Base.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

You can't see the hidden if you don't have a DX9 or higher video card.
      I had the same problem until I finally got around to upgrading.

Or you can't see the hidden for many various other reasons that I can't be bothered to list including but not limited to lupus.

Comment

Or you just haven't practiced enough.

We're upgrading the Source Mod Server to this games shortly, thereafter we will advertise the game heavily. The best part about the game is that it maxes out playerwise at 8, so 3-4 people can actually have a blast.

Remember to check the Source Mod Server Steam Community Group for more information!

-Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
        We are not a single game.
        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
          I tried it but couldn't see The Hidden (as in, invisible model). Is this because I don't own HL2:DM? I was running with with Source SDK Base.
          I couldn't see him in the training map, but in-game I can see him when he moves, or when I'm moving.

Oh, and I am all over this mod on the weekends when we have a server here!
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Mhm, Vulcan's the server operator so he holds all the cards right now but once we get it up and running...delicious. We'll be pulling in the ex-Dystopia team to manage this particular mod and push its success forward.

-Zephyr
            You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

I played it, it was ok, it seemed all the weapons sucked cept the shot gun, twas the only weapon i could kill the Hidden with the entire like, 6 hours i played =D
              "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by Soulja View Post
                I played it, it was ok, it seemed all the weapons sucked cept the shot gun, twas the only weapon i could kill the Hidden with the entire like, 6 hours i played =D
                Ironic considering I thought the shotgun was a load of junk and without the SMG I was crying to my mommy 90% of the time.

Oh and make sure you join the Steam Community Group! If you don't, you won't get auto-updates on important information like passwords, server IPs, and upcoming events! Also, kittens will die.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGSMS

-Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
                  Also, kittens will die.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGSMS

-Zephyr
                  noooooooooo not teh kittenz