help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

Hello all. I'm in need of some help. When I try to get on cs I keep getting this message. Error verifying STEAM UserID ticket. I know just enough about computers to get me in trouble. Any help would be great

midget-beater

sorry if i did this post wrong. first time i've ever posted anything anywhere.
    midget-beater

Re: help please

I copied this post from a random forum. Try just deleting ClientRegistry.blob first the try to play..... if it doesnt work try the other files as well....

If restarting Steam does not resolve the issue, please exit Steam and delete the following files:

Steam.dll
    SteamUI.dll
    ClientRegistry.Blob
    These will be found under your Steam installation directory - by default, this will be C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this may vary if you specified a different installation folder, or if you have moved your Steam installation).

Comment

Thanks alot hydro got it up and running. I had to delete those files.
      midget-beater

Comment

I got this too, recently, but when I erased those files, it tried to update itself, and it got corrupted, so I had to reinstall Steam altogether.
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I had to do the same thing 2 times and I went about 6 months without using steam and tryed to get back on and found out that someone had got my password and was playing on my account under the name |Darkstar|.
          |TG| Plude220

Comment

Originally posted by jblood View Post
            Hello all. I'm in need of some help. When I try to get on cs I keep getting this message. Error verifying STEAM UserID ticket. I know just enough about computers to get me in trouble. Any help would be great

midget-beater

sorry if i did this post wrong. first time i've ever posted anything anywhere.
            Congrats on your #1 post midget!! A good one indeed that is +rep'd :)
            Dizlor

Comment

lol, 4 posts in 9 months