Noob question about Jumping sounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob question about Jumping sounds

well, people have told me you can silent jump.. and people told me they can hear eachother jump.. i can hear myself jump but i dont know if others can. I've seen people turn around because they heard someone else jump(but i didnt hear it..) So i was wondering if jumps are silent? and if they arnt.. how can i fix it?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: Noob question about Jumping sounds

You can always hear yourself jump; sometimes you make noise to others when you do, and sometimes you don't. There is a specific formula for not making noise, but it's beyond my knowledge.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

I always wondered this myself but i didn't wanna speak up and people find out that im a big noob (like kulmar) :row__523: so i kept tight lipped. Now please some one who knows the knack post how to silent jump.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
      Winston Churchill

Comment

eat light? MOOHAHA! no I thought if you squatted you could jump lite. not sure

FUN FUN

Comment

I think it's just a sound issue. Sometimes you hear it, sometimes you don't. I don't think there's any real technique to it. Just flukes is all.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

i think it also depends on which surface you're on while you jump. most of the time when i hear someone jump its on the boxes outside the hostage house of cs_italy_tactik. but i'm not sure if it happens everytime

Comment

Kinda like depending on hearing the Terrorist pick up a bomb, hostages being taken and bomb being defused. You can't always hear it at that distance thats a little father away. But most of the time you depend on it. The 1 that gets me the most is getting either set of hostages on Kismayo. I don't always here them from the same spot that I heard them the round before. Makes me sad :(

P.S. Its ok to wait more then 2 seconds before leaving spawn. You can plan an attack or rescue after planing time is up, just keep an eye out for that rusher :) ( If you take the 2 seconds serously then I mean also minutes, plan please)

FUN FUN

Comment

I believ that when you crouch/jump, even on boxes, it is silent...but...I am not certain

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Might be a height thing there too, if you fall for a certain time after jumping it makes a sound.

- -

Comment

im pretty sure if you are croutched when you jump and land, you wont make any noise that OTHER PEOPle can hear, you hear yourself jump no matter, just like when you switch weapons and cock back the gun, you hear it quite loud, but nobody can hear it at all