Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown Suggestion

Hey guys,

I would love to see the death notifications turned off again on during Friday night lockdowns. I remember playing a couple months back when they were turned off. We were playing the old school militia and not having them on kind of forced people to communicate better and work as a team. It was probably one of the best games I have ever played. I was playing CT and we would split up in two teams, and if one of our groups got taken out quick before they could say anything we wouldn’t know and we would just get destroyed. But it also worked to our advantage because we would go sewers and take out the guys in the back of the house, and the front people wouldn’t know and we could grab the hostages and get the hell out of there.

I just really enjoyed the game play with them turned off brought everyone together. :D I guess it was kind of hard to tell when you killed people but you got used to that, and sometimes you had to go confirm your kill hahaha. I’m curious to know what you guys think.

Re: Lockdown Suggestion

Well i alot of pcs minded players would like this to be a permant feature but the reason it has not stayed on the server is to my belief it could be turned off client side, that made it unfair that some poeple had them off where as the less tactical minded players who liked their score sheet more than their team mates would have an advantage.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

ya it would bring a more interesting gameplay and i wouldn't mind it but i also like using the score sheet to see who is left.
      There are no winners in war.

Comment

I like the idea.
        +1

Comment

If I recall the reason it was removed because Valve made yet another wonderful update that completely borked it. Otherwise, it was supposed to be a permanent feature during lock downs.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
          Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
          Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Ithink Delta hit it and I think Disciple is right too. I wish it was alltime :)

FUN FUN

Comment

The problems were that a) it couldn't be enforced and b) some clients wouldn't allow the change at all by the server. Some of the people who wanted it off had to disable it manually.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

It can't be done server side anymore, maybe in the future.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X