Viewpoint from a "newbie"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewpoint from a "newbie"

I had some weird desire to play Cstrike today. I, like many people, suffered an addiction to it in college, many many years ago. I haven't played since CS1.6 though, and didn't imagine it to be fun anymore without a dorm floor playing at the same time, yelling insults about moms/body parts/etc.

Well, I was incredibly surprised to find that not true when joining the TG Cstrike server today. Everyone was incredibly welcoming and patient. I didn't wear TG tags, so I could have been some random guy off the street. My first round, my teammates actually waited for me to rebind some keys, and didn't yell at me (too much) when I ran ahead of them one round.

The amount of discipline, patience, and skill I found were very comforting, and I plan on visiting more. Thanks again guys, great work on your server/subculture.

Boudreux

Re: Viewpoint from a "newbie"

We're glad to have you. It's rare that a "newbie" immediately understands the rules. I thought I recognized your name.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Can't wait to play with you.

Comment

Must not have been when I was on...

j/k

Welcome.

Comment

Yes indeed, I believe you were on my team when we played kismayo. You are right, I thought you were some random guy off the street that took advice better than most noobs. Nice to have you aboard the CS team. Much better than ArmA anyway =P
          "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
          "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
            Nice to have you aboard the CS team. Much better than ArmA anyway =P
            ohhhh, the pain. :)

A few good guys have come over to ArmA from here, so i'll let that one slide! Either TG has some fantastic server-side mods, or Cstrike has changed a bunch. Loved the situational awareness mini-map, as well as the very well done VOIP/indicators. Bandages, good stuff.

Comment

Much better than ArmA anyway =P
              TAKE THAT BACK! Actually, funny story, some of us switched over to ArmA whilst you guys came over here. xD

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

welcome, you and me share the same addiction

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post
                  TAKE THAT BACK! Actually, funny story, some of us switched over to ArmA whilst you guys came over here. xD
                  I was just messing anyway. Play ArmA, I don't care. I would play it, but I have no money to buy it. Even if I did, I doubt my pour little laptop could run it. Counter Strike is pretty much the limit of what I can play.

Comment

It was awesome to see you on Bou. Hardca$h pointed you out to me and I was ecstatic that you had come to play CSS with us on the PCS server. You'll find that we have going on at the TG server is the exception to what happens on your average pubbie. BTW...you're more than capable of sporting the tags I'm sure. So do it. We need more people repping what TG is about and you're a great example of that.
                    | | |

Comment

better than ArmA anyway =P

Blasphamy!!

"The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

It was very good playing with you yesterday ans hope to see you around more. As good as you and I are in a squad on ArmA I am absolutely sure you will do fine with CS here.

Oh and CS is not better then ArmA and to say such shall bring forth the spanish inquisition upon ye, so mind your tongue lads.

HardCa$h

Comment

Originally posted by HardCa$h View Post
                          Oh and CS is not better then ArmA and to say such shall bring forth the spanish inquisition upon ye, so mind your tongue lads.
                          Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Glad to hear you had such a good first experience on the server dreux! Basically only thing you mentioned that isnt modded in is the new radar. That was a steam update about... almost a year ago i think... ArmA has clouded my CS history :P All the other cool stuff are mods carefully crafted by Vulcan. Now I might have to start playing more often :P CS got JohnFlanely and now Boudreux!! What is the world coming to :P

btw C ... that smiley is hilarious!:row__577:
                          Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by HardCa$h View Post
                            Well.... you are a big poopoo face!

Nah, I am sure ArmA is plenty fun, I just like pulling your guys' buttons. (Yes pulling buttons)

Comment

..You stole my post!!!!

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                              Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                              Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X