This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moment of Zen

TG servers were empty this morning, so I ended up on a gungame server.

This one kid kept camping the enemy's spawn, racking up kills, and leading the whole game because of it. I called him out in it a few times, but he didn't seem to care.

His response, "Oooo, so sorry".

Well, long story short, I got my last knife kill on him to win the game.

// I must take the TG attitude for granted. Playing on unmoderated public servers reminds me just how much people can ruin a good game.

Re: Moment of Zen

well you have to remember that gun games are free for all, so pretty much anything goes. So when you are on a gg server do not complain about what people do. other then that woot gg
    There are no winners in war.

Comment

I think this forum is for PCS general discussion.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
        I think this forum is for PCS general discussion.
        *looks up*

"Counter-Strike - General Discussion"

o.0?

and Poodle - I know that the gg servers are usually unmoderated and a free-for-all, but that doesn't make camping the spawn points any less bad form. Not like I could do anything about it other than what I did, it just sucks that out there in the scary world of non-TG servers nobody cares about putting up an honest fight.

Comment

Think of gun game servers more like an all out war compared to the TG server which is based on a tactical strike of an area. Things are always going to end up messy and not how you think they should go. Plus in a war no one cares if you play fair or honest. =P
          There are no winners in war.

Comment

You missed the whole path: Tactical Gamer > Game-Specific Forums > Counter-Strike Source > Counter Strike - General Discussion
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Wow. You're really giving me a hard time about posting something CS related but not referring specifically to something PCS? Why not just delete every thread that doesn't refer to a specific event that occurred on one of the game servers? It's not like I put up a thread about a new haircut or what I had for dinner or whether or not I think peanut butter should come with warning labels because some people just don't understand - I even mentioned how experiences like that help appreciate the attitude of the TG servers.

I understand we're trying to keep these forums clear from completely random topics and want to maintain some form of professional/respectful/mature conversation, but I hardly see how what I posted was worthy of reprimand. Things like that just make a community less fun to be a part of. The mature gameplay aspects aside, we're all here to have fun. Nobody fires up CS or BF2 or whatever they're playing and groans like they do when they're getting dressed for work. That's why we're here. Because we enjoy it.

I don't care about my post count. I don't care whether or not everybody knows that I had a good round on a GG server. I honestly don't care whether or not you think I made the whole thing up. I thought it was an interesting experience and of some value, entertainment or otherwise, to this community. I'm sorry if that somehow offended you.

At any rate, um... okay.

PS - If that was too much to read, just pretend I was doing this :

Last edited by .tritone.; 09-10-2007, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
                You missed the whole path: Tactical Gamer > Game-Specific Forums > Counter-Strike Source > Counter Strike - General Discussion
                Exactly ednos, it says counter striker GENERAL discussion. Also, if he wasn't allowed to post something like this, then why do I see a thread about The Hidden or any other random thing that is posted on here.

I for one think it is cool that he posted this thread, because it does show how much we integrate TG when we play other servers.

When I play a pub server, everyone always rushes out right away, but I have learned to stay back and get people as they come. And I usually end up surviving more than most people.

I believe that integrating TG in a pub server is worthy of a thread in the general discussion. If it isn't, please prove me wrong.
                "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Not to many people are going to really care about a GG server but...

Yay for TG PCS!

- -

Comment

Oh noes! I've gone and started trouble again.

It follows me, I swear. I've gone through a few CS communities that I actually really liked this way.

Next I'll end up in disagreement with an admin over something trivial and they'll be a jerk to me in public despite the fact that I've made great attempts to be a contributing member of the community and I'll call them out on their pig-headedness and it'll snowball and become a great big brouhaha over something undeniably asinine. I'll eventually be banned from the forums and the server, despite the fact that my arguments were presented in as mature a manner as possible and it will come to pass that it doesn't matter what you say or how you say it just as long as what you say doesn't in any way disagree with the power-tripping admins. (not to imply the ones here are power tripping - my experience this far has been very good)

Apparently I have this really bad habit of speaking up and voicing my opinion, even when I'm just a peon in the community. A few times I've gone straight for the jugular when an admin was completely making a fool of themselves, but that's pretty rare.

God I hope I don't end up doing that here, lol. Oh, and before anyone corrects me, I realize that the proper course to take should I have any real issues is to PM first, not argue publicly. This one just didn't seem to be that big of a deal.

// TOLSTOY!
                    /// to be honest, I just wanted an excuse to say "brouhaha"
                    Last edited by .tritone.; 09-10-2007, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                      Yay for TG PCS!
                      Yes indeed, TG PCS rocks my little white socks off!

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
                      brouhaha
                      Pretty much one of the best words ever. Besides fahoodvoogaz, that is.
                      "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                      "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Hogwash! :D

Comment

Alright, I give up. You can find me in Armed Assault.
                          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Read the SOP'S again please.

FUN FUN

Comment

I've read the SOPs and I just browsed through again and didn't really find anything that said the CS-General Discussion section was only for directly PCS related things and not for other general discussion of counter-strike.

Please link me to whatever you're referring to so I know what the expectations are. I'm not trying to be antagonistic I'm just surprised I'm taking flak for this particular post when it is clearly counter-strike related.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X