X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A plea for ribbon nominations

Hey guys.

Since the introduction of a community-wide ribbon system, PCS has been slacking as far as nominations are concerned. The majority of nominations were made by members of the admin team, but we should not be the only ones.

Many of you know certain players who have shown progress and deserve a ribbon for their efforts. All I'm asking is that you let your voice be heard throughout the community, and allow those players the opportunity to be recognized for their hard work.

Nominating someone is easy. Write up a nomination and pm it to Ribbons. A full list of the ribbons and guidelines on nominations are contained within the Ribbons signature, which you can find on that page.

Take a good look at someone within the BF2 community, like WhiskeySix or Lucky Shot. They have multiple ribbons based on their determination and teamplay. We have guys who deserve that same distinction but we simply aren't getting the nominations. I am not using BF2 as justification for sending in more nominations. It certainly isn't a race, but we all deserve some satisfaction for what we do on our servers, wouldn't you agree?

If you are looking for a decent ribbon nomination example for PCS, check this out. We are relying on the players to do their part and help those within the PCS community get some acknowledgement. There are many different reasons and scenarios to nominate which you'll notice when you look at the ribbon list.

I'm hoping we can turn this around, so let's do just that. Thanks guys!

whistler
    PCS Admin
    Last edited by whistler; 09-11-2007, 03:53 PM.

Re: A plea for ribbon nominations

I will keep an eye open the next few times I am on the server and see if anyone is worthy of a nomination. Thanks for the reminder Whistler, I have been thinking about how I never see anyone getting ribbons.
    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

I'm Mr.Ribbons, and I approve of this post!

Nominations are easy guys - don't be intimidated. If someone's got a reputation for being good at something, nominate them for it! Just give a quick explanation what they do that makes them good at it. Check the links in my sig for examples!

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts: Submit a nomination!

Comment

Originally posted by whistler View Post
        Take a good look at someone within the BF2 community, like WhiskeySix. He has multiple ribbons based the fact he has a alter ego.
        The above needs some investigating!!!:row__577:

Seriously, the nominations come from fellow gamers here, not the admins. This is something all of you have to do to contribute to CSS and the community here. There are a lot of great gamers here deserving of recognition, so take the 5 minutes take care of your brethren.
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Ya, I have been meaning to nominate people for ribbons but when the time comes I always space out or end up being really busy. So next time I will definitely nominate some people who i find worthy of ribbons. =P
          There are no winners in war.

Comment

Based on what you've said it looks like the only people eligible for ribbons are PCS players, is that true?

Comment

No, that's not true in the least. PCS means Professional Counter-Strike only, and if you play on the server, you're in the pool.
              The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
              I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Look at the ribbons!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...e-ribbons.html

There are many for CSS here at TG.

- -

Comment

I'll try to keep my eye out for specific people doing good. I know offhand a few, but as of this moment the nomination would lack specific examples and read "They're, like, good most of the time and stuff or whatever."

Comment

Also look at the coolest ribbon of them all, Its a counter strike medal, that distinguised demolition now that is a neat looking medal!

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

Complaint: there isn't a description for the ribbons that are listed but haven't yet been awarded. I can't in good conscience submit a nomination if I don't know the details of the ribbon.

Specifically:
                      Distinguished Demolitions
                      Distinguished VIP
                      Distinguished Assassin
                      Distinguished Hostage Rescue

Also, note that nominations for PCS Proven ribbons should not occur; that happens within the current PCSP community.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

They are as they sound:

Demo - People who have gone above and beyond in order to get the bomb planted.

VIP - People who have worked extensively with their team in order to ensure that they, as the VIP, are rescued.

Assassin - Ones who have issued/been issued orders to take out the VIP and have succeeded.

Hostage Rescue - Have made sacrifices in order to ensure that the hosties are brought to the rescue zone.

Keep in mind that these aren't for people who simply do it; we're talking about folks who, through teamwork and communication, succesfully complete their objective by doing one of these four things with regular success.

Comment

Why isn't there a Distinguished Hostage Defense ribbon?
                          | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                            Why isn't there a Distinguished Hostage Defense ribbon?
                            Because that's called camping and nobody likes a camper.

=p

Comment

That's the defense ribbon. It's easier to classify hostage/bombsite defense into one ribbon, I presume.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X