CS:S on vista 64 bit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:S on vista 64 bit?

Is anyone running source on vista 64 bit? I'm thinking about building a new system and was debating between vista 64bit and vista32bit. That's to be on a second hard drive of course, 1 hard drive for XP and 1 or vista

-kFed | i-Frag

Re: CS:S on vista 64 bit?

If you can run XP, why on earth would you want Vista?

It's a lot easier just to take 1 gig of ram out of your machine and smash it on the sidewalk.

Comment

'cause I wanted to go with 8gigs and 8800gtx sli heh

kFed | i-Frag

Comment

I've got CS:S running on Vista X64 Ultimate with no issues.

8800GTS 320 @ 600/920
        AMD 5600+ @ 2.9Hz
        4GB DDR2-800 @ 1066Mhz

I get an average of 120+ fps at 1920*1200 with a slight OC. 8GB of ram with Dual 8800GTX's will be a slight overkill for CS:S, maybe Crysis at my resolution and higher will take half of that.
        Oyee

Comment

Yeah my video is over kill but I'm running 2 8800 gtx's fine on xp. On the benchmark i was like #1,200 out of 4,500,000. Thats not an extra 0 either :) Other night I was able to play LOTRO and switch and play CSS at the same time with no differance in play. I was all giddy :)

I also have vista sitting under a stack of papers for when I get crysis. They suck for making me get vista for direct x 10 :( Oh thanks for setting me up frost how nevers posts :)

FUN FUN

Comment

hahaha yeah that's what i'm going with those specs for crysis, and unreal 3. I was playin the bioshock demo on xp with 6800gt(agp) and 2gigs of ram and getting 10fps. Good to hear that 64bit works fine without any issues. I just hope that my Battlefield 2 will work with that as well.

Comment

Ignore all the people bashing Vista. I am currently running Vista 64 and tonight on the server I was averaging over 250+ FPS. You guys have no clue how powerful Vista is until you get into the weeds with it and give it a whirl. Granted having 2 8800GTXs in SLI mode is powering some of that, but Vista is a great platform for gaming IMHO. The only glitch I have run into with any game, is some have issues with utilizing memory over 2 GB, Vista can use more, but some legacy games were written for XP which does not have the ability to address it.

You should have no issues with Vista 64 and CSS
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                Ignore all the people bashing Vista. I am currently running Vista 64 and tonight on the server I was averaging over 250+ FPS. You guys have no clue how powerful Vista is until you get into the weeds with it and give it a whirl. Granted having 2 8800GTXs in SLI mode is powering some of that, but Vista is a great platform for gaming IMHO. The only glitch I have run into with any game, is some have issues with utilizing memory over 2 GB, Vista can use more, but some legacy games were written for XP which does not have the ability to address it.

You should have no issues with Vista 64 and CSS
                Up until about a month ago (last time I tested) there were some issues with driver support for Vista 64...if those have been handled...go for it!
                If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                with any questions or concerns.
                |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                  You guys have no clue how powerful Vista is until you get into the weeds with it and give it a whirl.
                  You guys have no clue how vulnerable Vista is until you've exploited a vulnerability yourself. I'm sure it's patched by now, though.
                  The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                  I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                  Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X