Troubleshooting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting

I've been having problems logging into steam today, just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems or if you know how to fix it *Looks at Vulcan*

I'm getting this message upon trying to initialize CS:S

"Platform error: bad module 'Friends/friendsUI.dll', not loading"

This happens whilst trying to connect to steam and suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Troubleshooting

Steam Support always tells me this:

Erase EVERYTHING in your Steam directory EXCEPT Steam.exe and steamapps/, then run Steam.exe and it'll update for you.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
    I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
    Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Thanks for the advice, luckily I did not have to do this. Just retried CS:S and it showed an update download for about 2 seconds and then connected me to steam... very strange.

Comment

I'm having trouble today.. i try to start CS:S and it just goes to a page that lists different ways to buy CS:S.

I'm going to try the delete everything and we'll see what happens.

EDIT: IT worked great for me.
        (of course, I made a copy of the whole steam directory first, JUST in case)
        Last edited by Skylark; 09-20-2007, 07:49 PM.
        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...