X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam error

Hey guys, I was trying to join the server earlier and I got this message:

"Disconnect: Error verifying STEAM UserID Ticket."

Then I tried to join a server in Team Fortress 2 and got the same error.
    Got any ideas on how to fix this?
    - I read somewhere that I should delete a file called "ClientRegistry.blob" or something like that, but I'm not sure...

Thanks in advance :D
    "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Re: Steam error

Did you search the steampowered forums yet? There are tons of entries on this very problem.

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-...php?p_faqid=30

Originally posted by Some Chump Admin on the Steampowered.com Forums Who Probably Gets Paid to Play Computer Games and is Therefore Subject to my Immortal Disdain

Some users have reported encountering this message after their Steam account has been hijacked or stolen by another user. This message may be displayed if another user has logged in to your account while you are in a game.

If you have confirmed the message is not the result of a network outage and your password is rejected when you attempt to log in, please proceed to the Reclaiming a Hijacked Steam Account topic for instructions on retrieving your account.

If your password is not rejected upon login and you still receiving this error message, the issue can most likely be resolved by restarting Steam.

If restarting Steam does not resolve the issue, please exit Steam and delete the following files from your Steam directory:

* Steam.dll
    * SteamUI.dll
    * ClientRegistry.Blob

By default, the files may be found at C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\ or C:\Program Files\Steam\ (the location on your machine will vary if you specified a different installation folder, or if you have moved your Steam installation).

Comment

Problem: this happened to me about every two minutes. It would disconnect me for "No Steam Logon" repeatedly. I deleted everything but Steam.exe and steamapps/ from the Steam directory, which didn't help. I reinstalled, which didn't help.

Solution: It eventually just stopped happening, but it was very frustrating. It appears to be Steam's fault, because Steam Community was down all day too.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

ed -
        sounds like you've been teh el h4xx0r3d. Either that or you left your login info saved on a PC in a LAN center somewhere. :p

Comment

i was able to fix this by just logging out and back in again. Hope everyone else is able to sort this out.

Comment

No, I don't think you understand. The problem stopped.
            The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
            I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

It seems to have resolved on its own, when I logged on this morning I was fine. Thanks anyway :)
              "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X