I need Help??? Any one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Help??? Any one

Does any one know what this means it wont let me play cs:s can any one help me please.

Disconnect: Pure server: file [GAME]\materials\models\player\tforest\t_guerilla.vmt does not match the server's file..
    Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Re: I need Help??? Any one

It looks like one of your models is corrupted or otherwise FUBAR.
    You should be able to just delete that particular model and the server will see you don't have it and send you a new copy.

You might need to delete the entire tforest folder, though, as it might just check for that and throw errors if it isn't complete.

Just to be safe, you might want to simply rename the folder so you have a backup.

Comment

if you are unable to fix the problem the easiest thing to do is to remove all of your skins (hopefully you backed up all the originals and can just replace the files). Ive had this happen and the best way to avoid or minimize the damage is to only install skins one at a time so that of something doesnt work you know what files to erase.

Comment

Can you tell me how to do it im not that smart with computers?

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

C:\Steam\steamapps\yourid\counter-strike source\cstrike\models\player\Tforest

That is assuming you installed it to a default location. You should be able to delete anything in the models folder (including subfolders) and the next time you connect to the server it will automatically download the correct skins. This goes for when you have map errors too.

Hope it helps..
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I'd also try verifying your game files thru steam. It's a bit easier, steam does all the hard work for you.

In steam, right click on Counterstrike, go to Properties, Under the Local Files Tab, Click Verify Game Files.

Comment

I had the same problem tonight too. Deleting those three or four files cleared it up as they were downloaded again upon connecting to the server.

Comment

For Exalted, here's what you need to delete if you're getting the error message:

1. Go into your C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\(username)\Counter-Strike Source\Cstrike\Materials\Models\Player directory
                2. Look for the Tforest sub directory
                3. Delete the t_guerilla.vmt, t_guerilla_normal.vtf and t_guerilla.vtf
                4. Reconnect to the server and you'll start downloading the files again automatically

Once those are done you should be all set.

Comment

I just tried that assault and it still did the same thing.
                  -Cody

Comment

Thanks a lot guys got it fixed.

Comment

I am having the same problem, over and over again - ARRGGHHH!!!!

Comment

I thought we were supposed to be getting you to fix our problems?

=p

Comment

Originally posted by doorway 27 View Post
                          I am having the same problem, over and over again - ARRGGHHH!!!!
                          Did you quit CS entirely before doing the deletions? That was the problem Ex had, he was still ingame when he first tried to remove the files.

Comment

Yep, that was it Assault9

Impatience FTL!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed