New rig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rig

850watt psu, 320gig hard-drive, quad core processor, 4 gigs ram, 8800gtx, vista ultimate x64, thermaltake armor case and water cooling

=)

Re: New rig

As much as im sure this is very interesting to those who wanted to know your new rigs specs, however what im interested in knowing is the purpose of this thread. Are we ment to discuss the results of your new rig or just marvel and post replys of OOOO and AAAAWWW.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    Winston Churchill

Comment

If you want a discussion, then let me tell you something about your choice of operating system. Actually, don't let me, because I don't think I can do it without being offensive.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

OOOOOO, AAAAAAA

J/K, of course. Nice rig, what vid card you have in it?

Comment

Well, he said "8800gtx", so I'd assume he has one of those.
          The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
          I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
          Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Disciple View Post
            As much as im sure this is very interesting to those who wanted to know your new rigs specs, however what im interested in knowing is the purpose of this thread. Are we ment to discuss the results of your new rig or just marvel and post replys of OOOO and AAAAWWW.
            We had this debate in here.
            People post threads like this all the time. If this isn't the way we want it to be, then make a rule about it. Don't criticize people for something that isn't against the rules.
            If we do want to change it, then let's change it, but don't criticize if noone's doing anything wrong.
            Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

He's not criticizing it as an administrator; he's criticizing it as an intellectual.
              Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Truely my gripe was the lack of question/debate/spark that should have gone along with this thread that would have distiguished it from just some +postcount.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
                Winston Churchill

Comment

You guys reeeeeeeeally need to relax a bit.
                  Fire up a J, have a glass of merlot... please, anything.

If I tried really hard I could probably think of a few things more important than flaming someone for posting a thread about their new gaming rig on a gaming server's forums.

A simple, "Hey, that's cool." would suffice. The thread would've either gone nowhere or sparked a conversation about people's recent gaming rig additions/builds. Now we're having this stupid debate again.

He wasn't being disrespectful. He wasn't spamming the board with completely irrelevant things - he was posting about his GAMING rig in a GAMING community. If your objective is to keep the forums clear from any sort of low-key, friendly conversation... well, fine I guess. I don't see how that would do anything other than lower the morale around here, but what do I know? The sort of posts that started this thread annoy me, too, but I guess I've learned that you can't expect everyone to take the time to write complete sentences and, god forbid, actually use "their", "they're", "there", "it's", and "its" correctly. If you squash conversations on the forums like that it'll just make the community seem unnecessarily sterile.

In-game is tons of fun and people that never show up here make it a blast to play, it'd just be nice if that same feeling was reflected on the forums.

Nice rig, random-posting-guy. How much did that set you back?

>> *aneurysm face* <<
                  Last edited by .tritone.; 09-27-2007, 10:52 AM.

Comment

sorry, the next rig I build I'll be sure to include more detail. I just wanted opinions, like Ednos said about my os. I've talked to a few folks who said they're 64vista plays BF2, CS:S just fine, and that's all I'm really concerned about. I really got it for Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3 (w00t). Plus mac os x can run CS:S pretty well. So I figured if osx can then surely vista can since it's just a copy of osx hahaha jk I just wanted a 64bit os

Why don't you like vista, and YOUR opinion, and not the one everyone else gives "nothing works with it", "its to slow" "it slows down your fps" etc.

Ehh. all together it cost around $2100, wayyy to much money. But now that I've played Halo 3, I think I'm going to have to buy a 360 and halo3, unless you guys know of a Halo 3 release for computer any time soon?

kFed | i-Frag

Comment

You've got the specs to run Vista for sure, plus that DX10 card would be going to waste on an XP system once the games really start utilizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsdude11751 View Post
                        Why don't you like vista, and YOUR opinion, and not the one everyone else gives "nothing works with it", "its to slow" "it slows down your fps" etc.
                        Vista has two major problems from my point of view:
                        1. It has DRM (Digital Rights Management) built in, and I really, really hate DRM. I'm not even a pirate.
                        2. It's the worst vaporware Microsoft has released to date. It has almost none of the features it was originally going to have; it's barely more secure than Windows XP and is definitely not more stable.

It also makes me angry that the gaming industry feels it's appropriate to go along with Microsoft's push of their new operating system. It's a good thing they're already reverse-engineering DirectX 10 for Linux and Windows XP.
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Yeah I'm not a big fan of it and wasn't planning on getting it for another year or so..but I saw crysis video and unreal 3 video's and my computer could only get about 15fps on bioshock so i figured it was time to upgrade haha. I'll also have another hard drive that runs windows xp..I don't want to go vista only yet..to early lol

What is the DRM? I've never heard of it..

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsdude11751 View Post
                            What is the DRM? I've never heard of it..
                            http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm

EDIT: Sorry for more or less hijacking the thread :( (It's not about DRM)
                            Pyronoid |TG|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X