what card would be better?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what card would be better?

I wanna buy a new video card but don't know which one, if you guys can tell me of a good one to buy money is not an issue?
    Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Re: what card would be better?

How much is it worth to ya ?
    Dizlor

Comment

I don't know what ATI's best offering is, but the nVidia GeForce 8800GTX is a pretty sweet piece of equipment.
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

yeah the 8800 gtx is sweet but can your Motherboard handle the truth!?!

FUN FUN

Comment

Its all about what you plan on doing with the card, if your going extreme gaming or not. As well as if your computers ventilation is good enough to keep it cool, along with your power supply (PSU) being strong enough to keep it going.

The Highest in the Market right now would be a GeForce 8800 GTX PCI-E x16 It goes for about 500 dollars for 640 MB's.

That is top of the line stuff considering it drives DX10, along with Shaders 4.0. If your computer is strong enough it could run Crysis easy with that. Now thats hardcore gaming. It requires a pretty good PSU I'd recommend you'd buy a 1000w and make sure your case is well ventilated if you want to get that.

If you don't want to go so high, and spend a smaller amount of money for a decent gaming card for current Gen stuff a DX9 Video card would be your stop. The Top you can get would be a GeForce 7900 GT PCI-E x16 with DX10 and Shader 3.0 thats the best for the current gen at a cheap price that'd go for a good 150 - 200 dollars. If you dont want a GeForce get an ATI x1950 PCI-E x16 for the simple reason it matches up to the 7900 and is just as good with DX9 and Shader 3.0 you can run all current gen games with those two for a good low price.

ATI Radeon x1950 PRO 256 MB PCI-E x16 -

I couldn't find a GeForce 7900 but the GeForce 8600 (PCI-E x16, DX10, Shader 4.0) Is just a good amount better than it for the x1950's Price -

Don't be fooled by any card that has 400 in it thats the crap they put in dells. If you want something good I recommend the 8600, 256 RAM is Really good don't get any card for the higher RAM only, its not that big of a difference.

Again final word get the 8600, Make sure your motherboard has PCI-E rated at x16 to get really good performance on it, as well as again very cooled system, a lot of bad things can happen if its not cool enough.

Have fun :) Enjoy the card.

Update - I cant posts links till i've made 15 posts or more. soo yeah just search them up at

geek . com

you'll get really good prices there for the 8600GT 256MB Video card search for it just like that.

Comment

I am by no means an expert on this subject. But I used to run an ATI X800GTO and it did the job for CSS. That was about the only game it didnt have a problem with, so if you are looking for a card specifically for CSS it was a great deal. I found it on newegg.com for 89.99 a while back. Cheap for what it accomplished for me!

Comment

Post your system specs. If your computer is bottlenecked somewhere (ram,cpu mainly) then there is no point shelling out money for an 8800gtx.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

The above poster is correct, post your system specs.

Aside from that the x800 is now a budget card. It goes for 40-50 not worth it if you have more money to get a better one. I'm sure it only has shader 2.0 though I might be incorrect. IMO If you got money, go for a higher value one, if not go for this one or a 7600 GeForce.

Comment

I recently installed a Geforce 8800GTS 256 overclocked, they retail for around 200 (sterling). In addition I uninstalled an nvidia 7800 GT which I think is 256mb. would that be any good to you? I don't want it.

Comment

go to newegg.com

make sure your mobo can take the card

spend as much as you can spend

Comment

I think these are the specs if not tell me. 3800+AMD Athlon 64 processor|1.0 GB Memory|250 GB harddrive|DVD+RW&DVD-ROM, or would it be better to build a computer.

P.S money is not an issue.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
                        How much is it worth to ya ?
                        Im recently having to much lag, dont know why but im getting tired of it.

Comment

which ever chip type you decide to go for (7 or 8 series) id suggest buying it from BFG technologies. The have a lifetime warranty on all the cards they sell and they overclock them right out of the box. Ive been very happy with their quick customer responses and even though you might pay a little more up front for the card, its a lifetime warranty, almost no questions asked. look for the BFG technologies page at Newegg.com

Comment

I second what Tarthkin has said there, I forgot to mention that my 8800 GTS was from BFG and well happy with it.

Comment

BFG's have always worked well for me as well, I have an 8600 and it works great.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X