Steam Issues (for me or not for me?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Issues (for me or not for me?)

Hey guys, i've been having trouble lately with steam. (i know everyone does) Whenever i do a game search for any game or even when I'm searching for games in my favorites, it doesnt show. For instance, i am trying to get into the TG server, and i have to refresh it around 10 times to see what map/people are in there. But i figured out that if i use the manual connect through the console it works pretty quick. Also, when i try to find public servers, it takes around 3 minutes to find a decent amount (20-30).

Also, another problem of mine is when you open Cstrike normally, and none of my favorites are there. I try to add them, but it never does add them. So i always have to alt-tab, get the TG IP and then manually connect. It just makes my life worse.

I know steam sucks and all, but is anyone else having some of these problems? Or is it just me?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: Steam Issues (for me or not for me?)

I'm just curious... but does anybody EVER search the steampowered forums before asking these sorts of things here? Yeah, a lot of guys here have a pretty good understanding of how steam, CS, and the HL engine work but it seems like the easiest (and more self-sufficient) choice would be to search the steam forums first and THEN post here, maybe even with the fix you found just incase other people have been having the same problem.

I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that a LOT of people keep posting these sorts of things here with no indication of attempting to solve the problem first.

The easiest fix is to copy your maps folder (since it usually contains the data you spend the most time downloading), delete your install, and let steam send you another one.

If you're still having a problem the best thing to do would be to search the steam forums. If you're having a problem chances are a few thousand people have had the exact same bug/error.

After the reinstall if you're not having a problem, just put your maps back so you don't have to download them again. If the problem reappears when you do that, it's something in your maps folder and you'll need to delete them and pull them back down when needed.

I can tell you that I've seen similar problems with the view/join window not refreshing or letting me join and the favorites getting cleared. I just chalked it up to steam sucking donkey roses and forgot about it. I think the last time I rebuilt my PC and reinstalled steam, though, my favorites started to save again so that one might just be a CS/Steam reinstall.

Comment

I used to have the problems you describe, but they went away for me about a while back. Maybe it was an update?
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

well, i thought it was just my crappy internet company doing stuff (for a while it kept going off and on) but then i figured that it wasnt since the internet browser was fine. I kept trying to get onto the steam forums but it is laggy as anything and takes around 10 minutes to get a search off.

I saved my maps folder, then i delete my steam? is that what you were implying? Or were u telling me to delete my CS:S install?

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

I believe it is the cstrike folder, but from steam you should be able to right-click the game and "delete local content". That should remove the game so you can just reinstall it.

Comment

try the ol faithful... delete your ClientRegistry.blob file and close/restart Steam... its in your Steam folder.
            Dizlor

Comment

Sometimes it's easier to ask your buddies if they've seen a problem before digging through piles of posts and faqs. Don't need to crack skulls for that. It's not like he asked anyone to look it up -for- him. And it's not like this forum gets swamped with threads. If you don't want to answer or don't have the info, that's cool, skip it, some people don't mind helping out in the community, even if they didn't go to the other forums first.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
              "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
              - Wulfyn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X