Fall Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Tournament Discussion

We will be doing a round robin tourny this year. Every team should be playing every team. Depending on how many people we can assemble for teams will depend on how long the tournement lasts. I would perfer 6 teams. This will depend on your support, however.

SCORING

Originally posted by Hostage rescue maps
    Hostages will be worth one point a piece.
    Winning the round will be worth 3 points.
    Killing a hostage will be worth -1 point.
    To get your points for the hostages, the CTs MUST rescue the hostage before the round end. Terrorists retain points for hostages NOT rescued.

Originally posted by Bombing Maps
    Defusing a planted bomb: 3 pts
    Explosion of planted bomb: 3pts
    Round won: 2pts
    No points will be awarded for attempted bombings or attempted defusals.

Bonus points will be given to the team who has the most:
    hostages captured
    hostages retained
    bombings
    defusals

(This could be 1 team or 4 teams)
    -------------------------------

ROUNDS

Rounds will be played as follows:

Teams will play a total of 10 rounds. Switch at 5. Most points at the end of the 10 rounds wins the map.
    ---------------------------------
    RANKING

Ranking of Teams will be scored by their TOTAL ACCUMULATIVE POINTS.

Top 2 ranking teams will go on to play in the championship game.

----------------------------------

MAPS

Maps will be announced 1 week prior to match. Team captains may reserve server 2 for team practices.

--------------------------------

Tourny rules are subject to change without notice. Check back to this thread for frequent updates!

Re: Fall Tournement Information Thread

yay finally. I am also digging this style of play. It's pretty much like the olympics for source =P
    There are no winners in war.

Comment

If its in 6 weeks id love to, otherwise can I spectate games since im crippled? Ill film video for the site

Comment

Wait, so let's say you have the first set of hosties rescued and the second set tagged, if you kill the last terrorist before getting them to the rescue point they get the points for the unrescued hosties?

That almost implies a tactical reason to type "kill" in console.

Comment

Hmm i see where your coming from but if it happens the way im thinking then even though the hosties weren't rescued but you killed the last terrorist then they will not get the points. The reason for this is because for the Ts to gain points from this they have to be alive by the end of the round. But say you tagged the hosties and you go looking for that last T to kill instead of rescuing then the points should go to the Ts.

I hope that shed some light even though I am really not in charge of this.
          There are no winners in war.

Comment

Kill in console to gain an advantage = unsportsmanlike conduct.

Comment

I like this setup, cant wait to play, and one question, getting a kill will account for the TOTAL ACCUMALITIVE points right?
              "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post
                Wait, so let's say you have the first set of hosties rescued and the second set tagged, if you kill the last terrorist before getting them to the rescue point they get the points for the unrescued hosties?

I believe magna's reply should be sufficient. Also, tagged hostages do not count as points.

Originally posted by soulja
                getting a kill will account for the TOTAL ACCUMALITIVE points right?
                reading comprehension my son...at no point will kills count as points!

Comment

Great job Section, this looks really good!

BTW for those of you who don't know this format was discussed in great depth and alot of thought went into it. Obviously it is impossible to make every person happy but this should be close. Also keep in mind this is for fun and it takes up alot of time for people to put it together so let's not drill the format into the ground and be appreciative for all of the hard work going into this.

Comment

I like how kills don't count for points. It makes the teams work even harder to get the objectives done. And just because you win a round, doesn't mean you win the game. Good stuff.
                    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post

Which will get you banned from the tournament and our servers. Just because you can doesn't mean you do.

If anyone let's the objective get out of their control, they've already failed the first part.

- -

Comment

this sounds like a lot of fun <(^_^)> i like to be in

Comment

This is what ive been waiting for count me in. I just hope its not in the first week of December thats when im getting married I will be out for a week or so.
                          |TG| Plude220

Comment

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
                            This is what ive been waiting for count me in. I just hope its not in the first week of December thats when im getting married I will be out for a week or so.
                            I do not think it should last THAT long. But you never know. Depends on how many teams we can garner. That could be the championship weekend.

Comment

Please don't misinterpret, I'm certainly not stupid enough to think that'd be acceptable behavior, it was just a concern. I'd rather have them voiced here beforehand and settled than have issues like that pop up mid-tourney.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X