News news

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News news

Hey hey guys. I finally have a job, hurray.

So anyway, I won't be playing as much as I was. I would have nights free, but that is when I have to do my school work. We will see how my schedule plays out and I will be on kicking your guys' butts in no time.
    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Re: News news

heh.. jobs.. i need to get one..

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

This means you're going to be a supporting member soon, right?
      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by ednos View Post
        This means you're going to be a supporting member soon, right?
        Depends on how much money I get. Probably need to use it for some other stuff first.

Comment

Good to hear it Clef, now about that $100 you owe me... :D

Comment

Get in line Assault...he owes me a cool grand just for being nice to him.
            | | |

Comment

I need a new career also. I just might join the USPS :) Good luck Clef

FUN FUN

Comment

Originally posted by sparhawkxx View Post
                I need a new career also. I just might join the USPS :) Good luck Clef

considering they start out at 20bucks an hour and it only goes higher from there its not a bad deal, government benifits are good to.
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

First full day of work is done. First time ever having an actual job. It's cool though, I was dishes and make salads. Get to cut stuff with big knives. Minimum wage, but hey, it's money.

Comment

I remember my first job I was a pizza delivery boy iin New York made good money from time to time for my age I was like cool now I can buy the world
                    Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                      Get in line Assault...he owes me a cool grand just for being nice to him.
                      haha, yeah right. You know you would love me even if I didn't pay you... Which I don't...

Comment

Sparhawkxx, the best part about working for USPS is that you can't get fired.
                        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

LOL what Ednos? :) Clef to move ahead don't talk back. If its your first job do what is told and even if a dope tells you to do something wrong question it once then do it. Follow up later with a manager if it was right or wrong. Move constantly, create a smooth system that you are constantly moving. If everyone in the kitchen is groaning about work don't jump in. Do your work and you will stick out as a fine worker and good impressions will follow. Keep dishes in water or soaking so you don't get backed up and keep your salad bins full.

When chopping never look away from blade and keep the blade in contact with cutting board. Also make sure you clean up after your prep. And keep your station clean. by keeping it clean not only does the time fly you won't get caught up in the whining. If its closing time and a order comes in don't let it bother you make it and clean up. If allowed keep just a gallon bucket for cleaning, add 1 cap of bleach about a cap of soap, fill with water. Keep a rag in it to help clean up.

By doing some of these things your day will go by nicely and you will get promoted. Oops almost forgot if you have time always watch what the other cooks are making. Helps you get an understanding for when you take there job :)

Why did I type all of this? Well i wanted to say 1 thing and look what happened damot! :)

FUN FUN

Comment

LOL what Ednos? :)
                            I need a new career also. I just might join the USPS :)
                            You answered your own question before you asked it.
                            Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

LOL what Ednos? :) Clef to move ahead don't talk back. If its your first job do what is told and even if a dope tells you to do something wrong question it once then do it. Follow up later with a manager if it was right or wrong. Move constantly, create a smooth system that you are constantly moving. If everyone in the kitchen is groaning about work don't jump in. Do your work and you will stick out as a fine worker and good impressions will follow. Keep dishes in water or soaking so you don't get backed up and keep your salad bins full.

When chopping never look away from blade and keep the blade in contact with cutting board. Also make sure you clean up after your prep. And keep your station clean. by keeping it clean not only does the time fly you won't get caught up in the whining. If its closing time and a order comes in don't let it bother you make it and clean up. If allowed keep just a gallon bucket for cleaning, add 1 cap of bleach about a cap of soap, fill with water. Keep a rag in it to help clean up.

By doing some of these things your day will go by nicely and you will get promoted. Oops almost forgot if you have time always watch what the other cooks are making. Helps you get an understanding for when you take there job :)

Why did I type all of this? Well i wanted to say 1 thing and look what happened damot! :)
                              This is pretty much exactly what the cook who got me the job said. I myself am not a cook, I wash the dishes and take care of the salads. He said he will teach me how to cook if I want, but watching them makes me not want to do it. Way too much involved in it. Maybe eventually.

Thanks for the advice spar.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X