Mystery Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Music

Several people have mentioned they have been hearing music in maps that shouldn't be there over the past two weeks or so. Whenver I've been in those same areas or gone in there in spec cam I don't hear anything at all so can somebody get an audio recording of this music and post it up here to help narrow down the problem?

Re: Mystery Music

On, ahh... arcticstorm I believe the map is called. (CTs start outside a complex in the snow and come in either sewers, garage, or front entrance/lobby with the alarm system. Two sets of hosties, one garage area, the other by stairwell in the column room.)

Anyway, near the column room is a 'hidden' room with the map maker's name and info. They put a trigger in that room so you hear music when you're spectate flying inside of it. Somehow that gets triggered when we're walking through those corridors and we end up with the damn HL2 theme music pumping while trying to rescue hosties.

Comment

It's more than just that map though, I've heard that music on other maps too randomly.

- -

Comment

I only heard the HL2 music on that one. I here a differant one one on night fever and tongli, on those 2 it is the same tune tho. it might be the tune from Teaga not sure.

FUN FUN

Comment

same hurr, ive only heard it on arctic_storm though
          "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

The d00ds maps often have music. The same Party Room music that was in Temple 1 is in Temple 2, though you hear it throughout 2, while it was only audible in the party room in 1.

That Map With The Big Yellow A Over Site A and the Glass Pyramid for B is also a d00ds map, but I don't recall hearing any music in it. I don't recall hearing music on Arctic, but perhaps I never go There.

Comment

So the basic theory is that something has hijacked any sound triggers in a map and is somehow activating them at random instead of their default activation mode when a player enters the designated zone. That trigger in Arctic Storm should only work in spec cam as you can't walk into that room normally and the music fades out as soon as you clear the room unless you re-enter the room and re-trigger it. About a week ago I noticed the trigger simply stopped working altogether for me.

As a test we could make a TG version of Arctic Storm with the sound trigger in that room removed and see if people still experience the same problem there.

Comment

I was unable to find this room on arcticstorm.

- -

Comment

Oh, I thought we already discussed this and the possibility of multiple maps using something like "ambient.mp3" so the last one you downloaded overwrote the previous ones so you have completely incorrect audio files playing in the background of your older maps.

Comment

ok I found the mystery song. It's a file called hl2_song20_submix0. There is another one there called the same but with a 4 at the end. Not much different.

oddly enough i can't open up arcticstorm in entspy.

- -

Comment

Yeah, I hear it a lot in articstrom it's really annoying, due to the fact that I cant hear the ct's when they are close by what can we do to turn it off.
                      Shadowolf expect the unexpected.

2007 Fall tornament Team Awesome Undefeated 8-0 and they were doubting us.:row__537:

Comment

i heard a really weird song on covert yesterday, never heard it before.. it was at the room with the pillar thats straight out of T spawn.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Is there a master soundscapes manifest file on the server? I'm just wondering as de_forest comes with a modified one in the scripts directory but cs_arcticstorm does not. The first released version of Forest didn't have the sounds added but the second did. It's possible the guy who made forest did something to the manifest that sent all the rest of ours of whack as I hear ambient forest effects near CT spawn on arctic storm, forest effects in the sewers of hacidena and sewer effects in the garage on arctic storm by the garage hostages.

Here's the last few lines of the manifest included with de_forest:

soundscaples_manifest
                          {
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_dust.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_italy.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_aztec.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_dust2.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_cbble.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_havana.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_piranesi.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_chateau.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_office.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_prodigy.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_tides.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_compound.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_train.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_general.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_inferno.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_port.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_assault.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_nuke.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_militia.txt"
                          "file" "scripts/soundscapes_forest.txt"

Arctic Storm has it's own custom soundscapes but doesn't have a modified sound manifest file included yet they work just fine. What would happen if we deleted the forest reference from the server manifest? Maybe that would solve the overlapping problem of the soundscapes as that HL2 music trigger on Storm is also a soundscape? It almost seems like this whole sound problem started when Forest was installed.

Comment

I agree with it starting with forest.

FUN FUN

Comment

Ok That has to be the problem. The server doesn't need entries in the soundscape manifest.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...om_soundscapes

I deleted it and all should be well now.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X