Dx 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dx 8

I have had little or no activity on TG in probably a year. So, here's my little short, I'm back speech. However, my actual reason for writing this post is that today, 11-7-07, I tried to get on TG's server to play a bit, and i did, for maybe a second, twice. As soon as I got to the first screen, I was auto kicked for something like "DX level set at 7.0, minimum setting 8.0" (I am assuming this refers to Direct X. You see, I am only 14 and my PC is not anywhere near "good" its a P.O.S at best. My video card, Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 64mb, is ancient, but still good enough to run CS: Source. Unfortunately, it only supports Direct X 7, because it is PCI. I am interesting in seeing if the setting could be changed, but if it can't I suppose i'll be upgrading to another P.O.S. So yeah, if someone could help me out, it would be much appreciated.

My Regards,
    Boobs

Re: Dx 8

Originally posted by Manboob's View Post
    I have had little or no activity on TG in probably a year. So, here's my little short, I'm back speech. However, my actual reason for writing this post is that today, 11-7-07, I tried to get on TG's server to play a bit, and i did, for maybe a second, twice. As soon as I got to the first screen, I was auto kicked for something like "DX level set at 7.0, minimum setting 8.0" (I am assuming this refers to Direct X. You see, I am only 14 and my PC is not anywhere near "good" its a P.O.S at best. My video card, Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440 64mb, is ancient, but still good enough to run CS: Source. Unfortunately, it only supports Direct X 7, because it is PCI. I am interesting in seeing if the setting could be changed, but if it can't I suppose i'll be upgrading to another P.O.S. So yeah, if someone could help me out, it would be much appreciated.

My Regards,
    Boobs
    I suggest you just buy a new video card.

Check this link :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...09642&name=PCI

$50 would get you a card roughly 10x as good as that 440 you're running.

Bonus! : you won't have to hari kari with shame.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130289
    EVGA 256-P1-N399-LX GeForce 6200 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Video Card - Retail - $50

Being 14 is no excuse. When I was your age I was forced to walk to school barefoot in the snow and wasn't allowed back home until I was dragging a Wooly Mammoth carcass behind me. $50 + shipping shouldn't be THAT hard to come by. If you want to pwn noobs, you're going to have to stay with the times, homie.

Dude... you were born in 1993. That kinda freaks me out a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by .tritone. View Post

Being 14 is no excuse. When I was your age I was forced to walk to school barefoot in the snow and wasn't allowed back home until I was dragging a Wooly Mammoth carcass behind me. $50 + shipping shouldn't be THAT hard to come by. If you want to pwn noobs, you're going to have to stay with the times, homie.

Dude... you were born in 1993. That kinda freaks me out a little bit.
      Good god. Most of this is not needed, but so damn funny! And true, Its just weird seeing birthyears in the 90's.

Comment

I have a card I will sell you for cheap all it needs is a new fan that broke its a ATI X700 256mb with DVI PCI Express.
        |TG| Plude220

Comment

Originally posted by Manboob's View Post

My Regards,
          Boobs
          You talk pretty dang sophisticated for a 14 year old and seem to know a bit about computers. I really don't have anything else to say, I am not a computer genius.
          "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
          "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Originally posted by Clefspeare View Post
            You talk pretty dang sophisticated for a 14 year old and seem to know a bit about computers.
            I was kinda thinking the same thing. Kids these days...

Comment

Unfortunately running that low of directx reveals exploits which we can't really allow on the server. You'll have to upgrade to atleast dx8.

- -

Comment

8.1, actually. 8.0 = autokick by hack-protection.

Yeah, save some pennies and get a basic box assembled. Recycling your old hard drive, monitor, et cetera would let you build a competent computer for about $500. That's what, abstaning from spending money on inferior things for a month or two?

Comment

im going to apply for a job soon as soon as i turn 16, so i plan on getting a new card too. (idk what that has to do with this but yea)
                  "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

Originally posted by Plude220 View Post
                    I have a card I will sell you for cheap all it needs is a new fan that broke its a ATI X700 256mb with DVI PCI Express.
                    A valiant effort, but I doubt his MB is PCI-e... I guess I could be wrong though. Just thought Id mention before he goes and buys the square peg for the round hole ;)
                    Dizlor

Comment

Do you just have a PCI slot, or do you have an available AGP slot?

Comment

I have an available AGP slot, and several PCI slots. However, majority of the PCI cards that are available, whlie better than my current card, are still peices of crap. The other problem i have is that AGP cards are starting to come few and far between. However I have to do it though, I'll just save some money and get something new. By Christmas I should have enough money to get an upgrade, so I should be back somewhat soon. Until then, I'll talk to Supersteve about using his PC. In regards to the statement about PCI-E, no I don't have any slots, because my computer is ancient, but thanks for the offer anyway. Thanks for the input everyone.

-boob's

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X